Has anyone ever ?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Found they had a pouch full of Fire ants or other types after (doing the right thing) & picking up those Shot Gun shells with the plastic still on them ,in witch the Ants made their small home.?

yep put one in my pants pocket which had a hole leading to the Regions new term to Burn Baby Burn

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately, no. I have not.

*note to self: shake out shotgun shells before pocketing...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, but I have kneeled on their homes a few times while digging a target. Sounds like you were doing the dance.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't experienced that yet!! I'm sure I'll do it eventually!:laughing7: For some reason I'm always the one finding the ticks. I can go camping my wife might find one or two...I have to get covered in them!! Chiggers and Ticks are my thing. BUT...If fire ants are possible? I'm sure I'll get there too!!

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Metal detecting in a wooded area, hit a underground yellow jacket nest...well you know the rest of the story...ouch, ouch...etc.

Last edited:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ants make nests around coins . Strange but true.

junkhunt

Feb 21, 2017
North Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
white's eagle spectrum , White's Spectra V3i, Garrett AT Pro. Garrett AT Pen pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found they had a pouch full of Fire ants or other types after (doing the right thing) & picking up those Shot Gun shells with the plastic still on them ,in witch the Ants made their small home.?
Nope never happened to me cuz I don't pick them up.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep put one in my pants pocket which had a hole leading to the Regions new term to Burn Baby Burn

Cool we have something else in common , this has happened a few times 'once with a small glass bottle' , this always makes detecting more fun. lol

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fortunately, no. I have not.

*note to self: shake out shotgun shells before pocketing...

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Great idea .
I usually try to but sometimes especially in the Summer Heat i'm to worn out to shake out everything.
It would be a smart thing to do . GL

sheiswe

Oct 5, 2015
CT
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV,ace 250, garret AT PRO. Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up kneeling down and getting stung by a bee that went between my knee and my thigh. I thought it was because of the prickers until I stood up and was like..mmmhh that burning pain isn't going away.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but I have kneeled on their homes a few times while digging a target. Sounds like you were doing the dance.

They will get you dancing & a-shakin , I've never crouched on a mound mostly cause I'm in the woods 90% of the time & you know Fire Ants love the Sunny areas.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ended up kneeling down and getting stung by a bee that went between my knee and my thigh. I thought it was because of the prickers until I stood up and was like..mmmhh that burning pain isn't going away.

OUCH!
That's one of the worst places to get stung , for the last 6+ years I have always worn long pants on hunts that are larger than say 'My small front yard'.
GL in the future.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't experienced that yet!! I'm sure I'll do it eventually!:laughing7: For some reason I'm always the one finding the ticks. I can go camping my wife might find one or two...I have to get covered in them!! Chiggers and Ticks are my thing. BUT...If fire ants are possible? I'm sure I'll get there too!!

Oh yea In Dallas GA & AL you will likely get you some Fire Ant. lol

I don't have much issues with Ticks ( mostly in the Spring ) I do spray down with 'Off' tho , I usually feel them on my arm or neck as i'm driving home after a hunt , or in my pouch , even in the Car.

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting in a wooded area, hit a underground yellow jacket nest...well you know the rest of the story...ouch, ouch...etc.

The Yellow Jackets get me Running & Jumping & I don't mean GA Tech ,lol.

Just last Friday , I was digging what I knew was a Fired Minnie Bullet , felt something in my hair/ Bandanna then saw a couple streaks fly by , then took a Sting on my forearm , right then I thought " Bees" but I did not want to have to come back to the area later to get my prize , so I was frantically grabbing handfuls of soil and waving them over the coil (no time to Pin-point) I finally heard that Loud Beep after about the 5th hand-full the ran .

I stopped about 25 feet away to 'brush off & check my back-pack' I looked back to see if any were chasing me & 'LOL' I noticed this thing coming strait at my face like a bullet & it Nailed my Top Lip right through my thin mustache; Now that hurt! I carried on in pain .
Then the next 2 days up til slightly now the inside of my upper lip had a small bump that made it kinda painful to eat.

That last Bee made sure his sting was worth dying for.

HH in Mass .

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but when visiting New Orleans I discovered a bottle dump in a vacant lot right next to the B&B I was staying at, and considered myself quite lucky until I realized that along with the cool bottles I was pulling out were hundreds of angry fire ants. Quite the crash-course on the dangers awaiting careless Yankee carpetbaggers when we venture south of the Mason-Dixon to collect your treasures! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, but when visiting New Orleans I discovered a bottle dump in a vacant lot right next to the B&B I was staying at, and considered myself quite lucky until I realized that along with the cool bottles I was pulling out were hundreds of angry fire ants. Quite the crash-course on the dangers awaiting careless Yankee carpetbaggers when we venture south of the Mason-Dixon to collect your treasures! :laughing7:

That's a quick way to lose the natural high you had when finding the dump.

Many of those bottles were their 'World'.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope no fire ants up north here....another thing on my list of reasons I tolerate our winter

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread