Has anyone had problems with the headphones losing their pairing and then not wanting to re-pair?

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine did that yesterday and I still haven't been able to get it paired again. It had been working fine the previous hunts. I'd turn on the detector, choose the wireless headphone icon, and it would pair right up. Yesterday, I did the same steps and it didn't pair......just went totally silent everywhere. The detector seemed to work....at least it gave a visual reading on the screen when I ran it over a target, but, no sound anywhere. I then restarted the detector and chose the external speaker, That worked no problem. Tried several more times to get the headphones paired again, but, no luck. Even went through the initial procedure to pair a set of headphones. No dice, I even unpaired and then tried to pair. Still no good. Headphones show a full charge just like all the other components. Any ideas before I throw this thing in the trash? :BangHead: :laughing7:

HuntinDog

Bronze Member
May 26, 2010
No. Cal.
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS / MXT PRO / Garrett ProPointer
Well that sucks....
Sorry I have no solution for you. I haven't tried my headphones yet.
Good luck I hope someone has an answer for you.

Jmcg89

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2016
Port st Lucie, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine did that yesterday and I still haven't been able to get it paired again. It had been working fine the previous hunts. I'd turn on the detector, choose the wireless headphone icon, and it would pair right up. Yesterday, I did the same steps and it didn't pair......just went totally silent everywhere. The detector seemed to work....at least it gave a visual reading on the screen when I ran it over a target, but, no sound anywhere. I then restarted the detector and chose the external speaker, That worked no problem. Tried several more times to get the headphones paired again, but, no luck. Even went through the initial procedure to pair a set of headphones. No dice, I even unpaired and then tried to pair. Still no good. Headphones show a full charge just like all the other components. Any ideas before I throw this thing in the trash? :BangHead: :laughing7:
My equinox is doing the same thing right now!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear Cuda. I'm seeing a lot of little quarks, from software, batteries, frozen screens, paring, shaft issues, and now I see coil cover issues. I wonder if getting some wired HP's would work, maybe Tony, or I see GG has a wired set of water phones coming mid June. Hope you get all worked out.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear Cuda. I'm seeing a lot of little quarks, from software, batteries, frozen screens, paring, shaft issues, and now I see coil cover issues. I wonder if getting some wired HP's would work, maybe Tony, or I see GG has a wired set of water phones coming mid June. Hope you get all worked out.
I just figured out what the problem was. Apparently the control puck was slightly dislodged from it's mount. You couldn't see it because it was so slight, but, in handling the headphones while trying to pair it, I heard a short chirp and realized there was a bad connection there somewhere. Further handling resulted in a "click" as the puck seated again. All good now. I don't really plan on diving with this detector (although I'm not ruling that out) so, I haven't ordered the bone phones yet. I talked with Tony Eisenhower and he has some traditional over-the-ear waterproof headphones that I'll probably go with for surf hunting.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are yours fully charged ?

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I mentioned in my first post, everything is fully charged. Now that the puck is fully seated, the problem is cured.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread