Has anyone here ever detected under there house?

Excavator

Oct 18, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
I'll be checking under mine. It was built in the 1930s and was owned by a bootlegger soon after it was built. I found a 1945 aluminum Five Franc piece under the back porch.

I just wish I'd scanned the ground before we built the 14x24 room addition. ::)

This would be a great chance to treasure hunt during the winter months!

The bad thing is, during the 60s-70s, the house was occupied by some avid beer drinkers and the ground is full of old pull tabs.

OP
OP
D

damz68

Well I hit about half of it and found two wheat pennies. Bad thing is, all that hvac duct drives the detector crazy.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I detected the inside of an old church which had the floor removed. Found exactly nothing. The ground was like powder and easy to dig into but nothing to dig. I am going to detect in the woods around the church this winter (no snakes).

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one...not mine... out in the woods, but have to wait till winter to be able to get to it. :-\ Last winter I hunted around this old cabin and found some great stuff....ran out of time on it but it's top on my list when I go back to the woods.

Nana ;)

Attachments

• logcabin1.JPG
    logcabin1.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 211
  • logcabin2.JPG
    logcabin2.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 218

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
that looks like a great spot nana! just be carefull under there it also looks kinda dangerous! ..............didnt leon hunt the crawlspace of his house last year?

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I WAS ALLWAYS DRAWN TO OLD ABANDONED HOUSES. ONE WE USEDTO GO TO IN THE 70s I REVISITED IN THE 90s AFTER STARTING TO MD, WELL WE AND OTHERS LEFT TOO MANY PULL TABS ETC, BUT SOMETHING WAS DRAWING ME THERE AGAIN,WENT AT NIGHT WITH HEAD LIGHT ,HOUSE WAS EMPTY NOT EVEN TRASH. THIS HOUSE WAS BUILT 1830s IT HAD NO CLOSETS.EXCEPT ONE UNDER THE STAIRCASE, OPENED THE DOOR, NOTHING! EXCEPT A RAT HOLE IN THE BASEBOARD SO I LOOKED THERE, I COULD SEE THREAD,SOME PIECES OF FABRIC I GOT A STICK AND STARTED ROOTING AROUND. AH HA!! A NY STAFF OFFICER BUTTON ALL GILT THEN ANOTHER, THEN SOME FABRIC COVERED FLAT BUTTONS, AND THEN THERE IT WAS A COAT SIZE AS NEW GEORGIA BUTTON. I STILL DONT KNOW WHY THE NY BUTTONS WERE THERE (BOLINGBROKE GA) I WISH IT HAD BEEN A BIGGER RAT WITH A BIGGER HOLE MAYBE HE WOULD HAVE STASHED A GEORGIA PLATE.

Scary Hunter

Oct 9, 2006
Mexico City
Detector(s) used
Lorenz LPX2
Nana don't MD alone in that house it doesn't look very safe.

Dasabighole nice finds, I have a phobia to rats and mice so I think I will miss a lot of nice places :D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions