Has Anyone tried the Deus2 in Fresh Water Lakes

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Walk in the water, there are not Ticks there... Here in MI hitting the Great Lakes as often as I can. Use the Deus 2 with a large steel scoop with a good stout oak handle as it serves as a staff when fighting the waves of Lake Michigan.. Been doing some experimenting with settings for the fresh water but have only had the Deus 2 for a couple months.. Usually manage to wade up to chest deep. Do have a Snorkle/Face Mask combo that comes in handy when wading that deep. Use Glo-in the dark tape on the coil to make it real visable in the water.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
i often dunk a detector while wading in the lakes..Any thoughts so far
I used my D2 in a very brackish lake recently. I started off trying a custom Park program but found it too sparky/chattery. I then switched to the General program with some personal preference tweaks. It was "spooky smooth" and up to the task. Have no fear...based on my experience, it worked very well in fresh, brackish water.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used my D2 in a very brackish lake recently. I started off trying a custom Park program but found it too sparky/chattery. I then switched to the General program with some personal preference tweaks. It was "spooky smooth" and up to the task. Have no fear...based on my experience, it worked very well in fresh, brackish water.
Thank you I think I’ll have to get one.From what I’ve seen I want to get a waterproof detector that does not leak and has the ability to find gold chains etc.

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thank you I think I’ll have to get one.From what I’ve seen I want to get a waterproof detector that does not leak and has the ability to find gold chains etc.
Based on my experience with it, the D2 will fill that bill for you.

DWerk

Oct 18, 2020
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, AT Pro, Deus 1, Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Col Dan; I believe it was you who posted an earlier listing of a program that had heavy changes to the tone breaks; you refered to them as "bins" if I remember right? I loaded this program and found something interesting while trying it on some old playgrounds/tot lots. I was able to detect right up to and along the metal playground equipment as well as along any of the fencing on the ballfields! Managed to pick quite a few coins left by those that could not get next to the metal... Still working on that program to see if I can improve it for my use.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Col Dan; I believe it was you who posted an earlier listing of a program that had heavy changes to the tone breaks; you refered to them as "bins" if I remember right? I loaded this program and found something interesting while trying it on some old playgrounds/tot lots. I was able to detect right up to and along the metal playground equipment as well as along any of the fencing on the ballfields! Managed to pick quite a few coins left by those that could not get next to the metal... Still working on that program to see if I can improve it for my use.
Please share that info when you do! :icon_thumleft:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Xp Deus II works very very well in freshwater. It is also by far the best Salt Water machine I have used! I love the fact that it's gold chains!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread