Has anyone used CBD oils for joint pain ?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know. Maybe wisdom will provide advice.

I was emancipated before my 16th birthday = kicked out. I hitchhiked to North Carolina - lived on the street sleeping down in the hollers where people didn't live. Lied about my age and got a job in the cotton mills and a room in a boarding house for $10 a week. Worked 2nd shift and high school during the day. Graduated and immediately joined the army, turned 18 on July 4th, 1967 and immediately joined the army for the free education.

I got out of there = education would set me free.

And, it did.

Come Cambodia...

The very first time I smoked pot - prior to that I was more or less unaware - zero exposure.

It did change my life - to the better I'll never know until I have to review my past with my Father in Heaven.

All I'd seen before, I evolved to be an ultimate skeptic concerning anyone or anything around me. Even then the world was full of predators. To date, there are very few I trust, pedophilia was around then too = not a new thing. Protected by my Father, I always escaped = plenty stories there.

So wouldn't you think I'm one really messed up individual?

I'm cool with the world around me, but I mostly avoid that world. That's the best way in the world to find peace in your own world! Nobody comes up this holler unless I "sense" they are no intrusion (like wanting to change my peace), or complete peace between our spirits.

Never trusting anyone certainly made my life extremely adaptable.

As far as pot, it served to give me thought and different directions of thoughts.

Being that said, I DO and WILL NOT promote consumption to anyone, any time, any day.

CONTROL your own life long before you allow anything to control you!

Too many spiritually deficient people out there already.

Last edited:

Dconcb

Mar 22, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ripped some tendons and muscles several years back, didn’t get them looked at until it was too late to repair them.
Severe pain with zero relief that seriously decreased quality of life.
Pills prescribed, but I won’t take them. I heard about a salve, made some, and instantly the pain was gone for over two hours. Just gone. I’ve made it for friends and family and I’m now making it monthly in large batches for whoever needs it.
If you dont get tested for work. Make some. Please.
Cannabis. Coconut oil salve. Yes it has thc. The synergy of nature shouldn’t be dissected in my opinion. The whole plant works together.
Google it. You must decarb the flowers.
Pm me for my recipe if desired. I can’t say enough good things about it. No high involved whatsoever.
Just relief

tumbleweed35

Greenie
Aug 3, 2018
nwarkansas
Detector(s) used
ace250, etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have joint pain on and off on a regular basis from either arthritis, gout, or lyme disease. I tried a few brands of cbd oil, some had no noticeable effect, one did help with the pain, but it is kind of costly. What has helped more than anything and is amazingly cheap is baking soda. That's right baking soda, a teaspoon dissolved in a glass of water before going to bed and even the worst pain is completely gone in two to three days. Most of the time when I hurt, one dose does the the trick.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
That's right baking soda, a teaspoon dissolved in a glass of water before going to bed and even the worst pain is completely gone in two to three days. Most of the time when I hurt, one dose does the the trick.

Great advice! Thank you. Something more to add to our "health medicine cabinet". Some day we'll all need that tip :)

tumbleweed35

Greenie
Aug 3, 2018
nwarkansas
Detector(s) used
ace250, etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's another tip you might already know of- we keep elderberry juice around and whenever we feel like we're coming down with something we drink some and it stops just about any illness in its tracks- incredible stuff.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
There are some people that will never be convinced that pot is anything but the devil's weed. Their loss.
The CBD extracts will have similar issues that the herbal remedies have. Issues with purity, questionable sources, and
claims beyond belief. If CBD was sold as naturally combined with THC anyone taking it would know it's potency (at least the THC part)
There is adequate information that CBD works. We also know there is no medicine that works
for everyone and for everything. There is no universal RX.
Pain isn't a disease, it's a symptom. If CBD will help a specific disease or limit pain of the symptoms, can only be known by trying. At least the patent won't be destroyed or die from using it like what's happening now with the opiates..

My great dog has cancer of his digestive tract. German shepherd/border collie. He's had diarrhea for 3 months. He's over 12 now and I've started him on CBD oil to try for some comfort. So far, while not helping with the disease (not expected), he seems better able to deal with food. He had little interest in food before this treatment and that was resulting in extreme weight loss.
I'll try and hope to make these days a little better.

I knew a man who, in the late 80's, was diagnosed with AIDS. He was dying and had lost all interest in food. That was having a predictive effect. His doctor put him on marijuana oil. I have no idea of the contents THC/CBD etc. other than it was in a capsule like Vit E.
He was able to get some of his appetite back for awhile and put on some weight. He died a few months later. I only mentioned this because at the time virtually no research was being done and what there was didn't make it to the medicine cabinet. Thanks to the crazy paranoia surrounding the herb.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I tried pouring CBD oil on my “joints “
But I couldn’t get them lit afterwards
I don’t think it’s a great idea
I’d just go with the joints alone no cbd

Like Rodney Dangerfield saying that he tried snorting coke once but couldn't get the bottle up his nose:)

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ive tried it, did nothing. CBD oil is Modern day Snake oil! :duckie:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other

Pot never claimed to be a cure all as snake oil does/did. The dispensaries list very specific medical issues that an active ingredient addresses. Different strains (and there are a lot) will be more effective for different problems.
The question is, did you ask a budtender what might be the best choice or did you just smoke some dope?

One of my ailments, pot has no effect on. I really didn't expect it to. With another, it works fine.
No snake oil involved. It's misinformed to use a blanket statement to describe your particular experience.
One person I know gets immediate results using a CBD cream for arthritis in her hands.

Nicksan

Nov 17, 2005
So. Cal.
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Stock and 6" coils
Whites M6 & MXT, Super 12 & 6x8 Detech coils
Miccus Bluetooth headphones & Ratphones
Lesche
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pot never claimed to be a cure all as snake oil does/did. The dispensaries list very specific medical issues that an active ingredient addresses. Different strains (and there are a lot) will be more effective for different problems.
The question is, did you ask a budtender what might be the best choice or did you just smoke some dope?

One of my ailments, pot has no effect on. I really didn't expect it to. With another, it works fine.
No snake oil involved. It's misinformed to use a blanket statement to describe your particular experience.
One person I know gets immediate results using a CBD cream for arthritis in her hands.

Who said anything about pot? I thought this thread was about CBD oil. :icon_scratch:

JoeInMO

Jan 12, 2019
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who said anything about pot? I thought this thread was about CBD oil. :icon_scratch:

THANK YOU!!!

I'd like to see an intelligent discussion of CBD without all the bickering about pot.

-Joe

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
THANK YOU!!!

I'd like to see an intelligent discussion of CBD without all the bickering about pot.

-Joe

Fair enough Joe. It's difficult to separate the two as far as popular use goes. Many who take CBD also take THC as they grow together and are often prescribed together.
I do remember when Colorado first legalized rec pot there was a family that relocated from I believe GA because their daughter had seizures and he could get no help where the family lived. The father said CBD was the only medicine he had tried for his daughter that had helped. This was a very dramatic change. There are other cases where this has been true.
I knew a woman who worked at a home for kids with seizures in the 80's. Some of the kids had to wear hard hats to prevent head damage when they fell. There were few meds that would help them so I'm thankful if they can find some help with CBD.
CBD salves or creams help many with joint pain. CBD and THC together takes the edge off pain for some even if it doesn't address the cause directly. Some pain can be psychological as in PTSD. Where some might have chosen alcohol to cope, pot can be a very different non-addictive choice. Some are using some combination for opiate addiction.
At medical MJ dispensaries a person can choose the percentage of THC in a product. An example of one is 6% THC and 14% CBD.
CBD only is legal I think everywhere. CVS Pharmacy is carrying CBD or soon will be in many states. Best bet if you have a problem CBD might help is to try it. There is no universal RX and CBD isn't either.
I have believed in natural medicines for years. I've collected medicinal herbs and found them effective. A huge problem with natural meds is information. A lot is not known. Historically, natural medicine suffers from BS. Plants were believed to be "Marked by God".
An example is Lung wort. The large leaves look kind of like a diseased lung. So the belief was the plant cured lung disease.
Other plants were subscribed an astral sign and there use was derived from this theory. Many herbals are just repeating this information.
All these ideas gave rise to a science of chemical medicines. Some extremes like mercury injections. Because mercury can combine to make amalgams I guess they believed mercury might combine with some diseases. Who knows. But natural medicines took a back seat and some equated them with witches.

I believe they were all wrong and for many, the wrong reasons. Now the hard part begins again. The actual study of natural medicines that should have been done long ago. Many medical people still will have nothing to do with natural medicines even though there are obvious dangers with the concoctions dreamed up by the phara industries. So much so that their add on TV has more warnings than what the drug is for. Ask your doctor if kfghiufhiufheroerpu is right for you!
Anyway, that's my take on what's going on.

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have tried various brands of CBD oil.....none of it has worked for me

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone know of any blind test clinical studies of it on patients? I know their are tons of anecdotal accounts of it working, but it would be interesting to see how it worked vs patients who thought they were getting cbd oil but were really getting just a plain oil with no cbd.

I ask because i've noticed how it's use has just skyrocketed in the past few years. CBD infused everything now, drinks, oils, food, even cbd products for your pets and stores popping up everywhere. When theres money to be made it makes me a bit skeptical and i'd like to view some actual testing behind it.

Barber..

Jan 15, 2012
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Mixed Connective Tissue Disease, Deteriorating Vertebrae, and a few other things that causes me pain 24-7.. It all hit me right around the 40 years of age mark, and is so severe that I had to retire by the time I was 45.. I'm 48 now and have to use a walker to get around.. To say I've tried everything would be an understatement, even thought about the cowards way out but couldn't do that to my wife and kids.. Anyway, I've tried CBD, as well as just plain out smoking the best pot I coud find to no avail.. Neither helped even a little bit, they say it works for some and not for others.. Reckon I'm just to far gone.. lol

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Tylenol doesnt work for me as pain killer does that mean it is snake oil? I know a few people who get a lot of benifit from CBD oil.

delnorter

Oct 28, 2008
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You sound like a good man Barber. Hang in there, I believe great advances in medical treatments are coming.
All the best to you and yours.

Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread