has this happened to you?

mohawkman4081

May 5, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX or Whites Clasic Id
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok so We are all collectors, has anyone ever gone to a flea market or garage sale pick up an item that was very strange and then you find out that the item you bought actually has a spirit attached to it. Yeah i know im going to get alot of people laughing at this thread. but seriously i bought this Solid Brass back scratcher that had a devil figure on the top and ever since i brought it home crazy **** has been going on. I finally put it down in the basement and for the time being things have gotten a little better..

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't say that anything like that has occurred to me, but it may be a great birthday/Christmas gift to save for your "favorite' in-law or estranged family member... 8-)

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It hasn't happened to me that I've been aware of.

But, if you look on ebay there are sellers that sell "haunted" items and some go for big money. At least a couple of years ago they did. Who knows if ebay still allows this kind of selling since it's difficult to prove / disprove in a PayPal claim.

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Some times I see Ouija boards for sale and always pass them, bad mojo for sure! As for your back scratcher I'd take that creepy thing to the scrap yard amigo!

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a few silver dollars that I am afraid to sell because they were passed down. So the opposite is true for me. I am afraid to sell some stuff for fear of what might happen if I were to let these things go. Hoarder anyone? :tongue3:

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some times I see Ouija boards for sale and always pass them, bad mojo for sure! As for your back scratcher I'd take that creepy thing to the scrap yard amigo!

I'd give it to my boss.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I worked at the auction house I had a nice collection Ouija boards that I pulled from the dumpster on various mornings following the last nights live auction. Some people would bid on a lot of board games and either throw the Ouija boards in the dumpster of leave them inside on the table. I had 7 at one point and never witnessed anything strange. I recently gave them to someone who appreciates them more than I did.

burgessbogy

May 15, 2012
I honestly have to say YES. I bought a picture of the Sons of Confederate Veterans officers for the year 1912, I believe, and in the envelope was this picture. It was quite mysterious, the set-up of it all. On the back, all it said was "Patagonians." Took it to a history professor who said it resembled Paris during a time when Patagonia Indians were hauled into Europe as sideshow acts. The evil-looking man in the background with a top-hat on was right-on.
One day, I put it under my bed in an old suitcase with a lot of other old photos and that very night, I had a horrible, surreal nightmare of being held down and strangled. Each night until I got rid of that picture, I had that dream.

Attachments

• image-3037459472.jpg
    image-3037459472.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 111

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a new reality TV show starting soon where the "host" aquires haunted items for his collection (or museum) I think I saw his pilot show last year. Do a google and sell to him.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've actually been hoping for some sign of something. No luck yet. With all the items I purchase from people who have died, you'd think I would have at least one spirit in my house. I have 3 vintage ouija boards, nothing. I guess they just don't care. Maybe they just don't like skeptics.

OP
OP
M

mohawkman4081

May 5, 2012
CT
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX or Whites Clasic Id
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually bought 3 Ouija boards from a antique store 2 were from the 1970's and one was from 1940's very rare. I paid $20 for all 3, and sold the rare one for $130 on ebay here is the rare one I sold on ebay

ForumRunner_20120523_125341.png

billjustbill

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2008
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab SN/XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember seeing a story about a couple who got an old upright piano from a Craig's List ad
for free. When they got it home, all sorts of sounds started. They tried to give it back, but
the old owners wouldn't have any part in taking it back.

With help of a paranormal professional, ultimately, they tore the piano apart and buried parts of it in
many different places. The strange sounds in the house stopped.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread