Hate to watch Gold Rush due to Todd Hoffman

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When they quit showing dig fellas I downgraded the cable. I no longer get those channels.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jack Hoffman minus the H is what the Hoffman's portion of the show should be called thanks to Todd

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
He is a huge push over for sure. Who gets taken seriously when you say "fricken" when you are mad? I would work on his crew. All the high fives are a little gay in my book, but you could get a vacation to the Yukon, and only have to work three days out of the month. Sounds like a nice, relaxing time...

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
GG, I have a friend that knows Fred. He said that Fred is building a real dredge for the Glory Hole. Gonna be a dangerous place to hand dredge, so there still may be some automation of some type.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Speaking of that glory hole, I don't understand if they were getting gold the whole way down, why they would not just start widening the pit and run everything that falls in the hole. Seems like a few years of work right there. And, what happened to going up the mountain? I have to admit, we are a pansy society lately. Back in the old days, two guys would have gotten a mule and packed up that mountian well before the snow was gone, and been running ground with the snow melt water...

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree completely with everything you just posted. I even like Beets. Yeah he's in it for the money. Isn't that why they all do what they do ? I think he's being hard on the kid because it's a hard life and he's trying to show Parker the way rather than blow smoke up his a$$. I respect that. I think Parker is doing the daughter and Beets sees him as part of the family. lol... One thing that blew me away though but I don't have a clue what prices are in Alaska for heavy equipment. I did work as a field mechanic for a Komatsu, Link Belt & Michigan dealer many years ago. Is a clapped out, falling apart dozer really worth 140k in Alaska or did Todd screw the kid ?
all i can figure on that one is they must not be going with gold spot price ,you should be able to get two, with just a lil more.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of that glory hole, I don't understand if they were getting gold the whole way down, why they would not just start widening the pit and run everything that falls in the hole. Seems like a few years of work right there. And, what happened to going up the mountain? I have to admit, we are a pansy society lately. Back in the old days, two guys would have gotten a mule and packed up that mountian well before the snow was gone, and been running ground with the snow melt water...
i agree ,they have a paying mine, so mine it . i understand the creek is just off the one side,they could widen the other side,and continue. i guess that would be boring for the show tho.

southcoast

Dec 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something tells me the Hoffmann crew does not have their license and paperwork in place to mine. Otherwise there is no way Discovery could justify not showing any gold at this point. I just wish the Discovery Channel would be honest and upfront about this rather than create BS mishaps or excuses for delaying. The discovery Channel used to be a respectable channel, but they are losing their integrity for the sake of a few viewers for a show will no long term staying power.

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Or.....incompetent bafoons acting like miners= Reality TV= The New
Discovery channel= Hollywood= Environmentalists= Hidden Agenda and Smear campaign!
makes perfect sense!

Remember Bambi was supposed to be children s entertainment- It has changed the perception of hunting, hunters, and firearms for generations to come.

Last edited:

bedrock bubba

Jun 27, 2010
Or.....incompetent bafoons acting like miners= Reality TV= The New
Discovery channel= Hollywood= Environmentalists= Hidden Agenda and Smear campaign!
makes perfect sense!

Remember Bambi was supposed to be children s entertainment- It has changed the perception of hunting, hunters, and firearms for generations to come.

Yep. The movie; "Bambi meets Godzilla" traumatized me when I was a kid, and to this day, I still haven't recovered!

Unlike everyone else, I was rooting for the gol dam lizard!:help:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Bambi meets Godzilla... Now there's a blast from the past! More entertaining than Gold Rush. Even more so the sequel... Bambis' Revenge!!!!

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GG, I have a friend that knows Fred. He said that Fred is building a real dredge for the Glory Hole. Gonna be a dangerous place to hand dredge, so there still may be some automation of some type.

I am confused, it's winter and no one is mining now. If fred IS building a dredge it must be for next season.

mcordell

Nov 2, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Doing it is better than watching it on TV.

two bear

Dec 14, 2013
Smoky Mtns of east Tn
Detector(s) used
Whites metal detectors
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. Todd is cursed. He goes to South America and seemingly doesn't research the area well enough to know that moving large pieces of equipment thru the jungle is a task in itself. Todd should have gone there and looked at the roads and bridges. The first thing I learned about mining gold is "Never Leave Gold to find Gold". He should have stayed in the Klondike.

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are right. Todd is cursed. He goes to South America and seemingly doesn't research the area well enough to know that moving large pieces of equipment thru the jungle is a task in itself. Todd should have gone there and looked at the roads and bridges. The first thing I learned about mining gold is "Never Leave Gold to find Gold". He should have stayed in the Klondike.
i agree,moving heavy equipment thru jungle, havent these clowns ever heard of (swamp pads)? those that dont know what they are, you take large timbers12''by 12'' 16' long you make them big enough to accommidate the size of excavator ,you have three seperate ones, one in front where your heading,one you sit on, and one behind you just left,you pick the one behind you and set it in front and so on ,displaces the weight of equipment,they could take a little lesson from some good ole boys down south!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is drama TV………So I missed the end did Parker tear up his wash plant trying to increase his yardage and did they show a clean out?

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now it appears he's mining for diamonds,and abandoned the hunt for gold, with that wash plant there,how about running everything through that ,then tailings into that diamond jig they just got,get it all! there is gold there! how many guys does he have there? each of them including (todd) should be testing all over that property,a 1000 acres in gold country,come on man,they need to start acting like they want to find something!everyone standing around ,not knowing what to do,get out there and test,test,test . clowns, to bad for thurber, hes got a good work ethic to be stuck following the blind!

loco oro

Aug 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep ,broke drive shaftand it wasnt (sheared), it was torn lenth wise, no welding that one, but all he has to do is cut both universal ends off and weld new shaft between, i guess he likes to act like its the end of the world and throw things around !i am sure there are junk yards around to scavenge a shaft from, but he will proably go buy some 30,000 dollar wash plant tho.p.s i didnt see a cleanup this week.

Last edited:

munkirinch

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ive never seen this show. I got rid of cable because of garbage shows like this. it just seems like a soap opera. paying for cable and watching a ton of commercials just made me feel like a fool!
when I'm not prospecting I enjoy the you tube vids.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread