✅ SOLVED Have a question?

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't come on until late pacific time so don't think I won't respond, it will be when most of you guys are offline when I'm online.

Upvote 0

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree, but I don't think the mark is 'tch'... I think it's probably 'ch', which is short for chapada/chapado, meaning 'plated' in Spanish. You might see the mark on jewellery from Spain or Spanish-speaking countries such as Mexico.

Depending on whether 'karat' is expressed as 'k' or 'kt' It may appear as: kch, k ch, kCH, k CH, ktch, kt ch, ktCH, or kt CH.

Occasionally the 'K' can be upper case, but not if accompanied by the lower case 't'. If there is a space in the mark, it should come before the 'CH'/ch lettering. Anything marked '18k/18kt' which is plated will be rolled gold rather than electroplate.

I don't know what the 'NICE' is for, but I suspect it's the name of a particular range rather than an actual maker name. I've seen pieces with the 'ch' mark accompanied by the word 'DALI' or the word 'LIOR' which also appear to be design range marks ('Dali' is presumably a nod to Salvador Dali, and 'lior' means 'lily' in Spanish).

Could we see the mark please, and the piece itself?

Last edited:
Upvote 1

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Agree, but I don't think the mark is 'tch'... I think it's probably 'ch', which is short for chapada/chapado, meaning 'plated' in Spanish. You might see the mark on jewellery from Spain or Spanish-speaking countries such as Mexico.

Depending on whether 'karat' is expressed as 'k' or 'kt' It may appear as: kch, k ch, kCH, k CH, ktch, kt ch, ktCH, or kt CH.

Occasionally the 'K' can be upper case, but not if accompanied by the lower case 't'. If there is a space in the mark, it should come before the 'CH'/ch lettering. Anything marked '18k/18kt' which is plated will be rolled gold rather than electroplate.

I don't know what the 'NICE' is for, but I suspect it's the name of a particular range rather than an actual maker name. I've seen pieces with the 'ch' mark accompanied by the word 'DALI' or the word 'LIOR' which also appear to be design range marks ('Dali' is presumably a nod to Salvador Dali, and 'lior' means 'lily' in Spanish).

Could we see the mark please, and the piece itself?
I sorta should have known my post above would not be interpreted correctly.
"Nice Jewelry" is the company name that makes this piece... they are located in Mexico.
And has for eons.

Upvote 2

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sorta should have known my post above would not be interpreted correctly.
"Nice Jewelry" is the company name that makes this piece... they are located in Mexico.
And has for eons.

OK... I hadn't noticed you made a second post at the time I replied. Didn't know of this company. They seem to charge exorbitant prices for gold plated jewellery.

Upvote 2

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK... I hadn't noticed you made a second post at the time I replied. Didn't know of this company. They seem to charge exorbitant prices for gold plated jewellery.
I just remembered that mark some time ago i ran across a piece marked this and did a quick search for anything online and hit that Etsy listing.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Back-of-the-boat

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys thank you I saw CH meant plated but the TCH made me wonder if it was hopefully something better than plated. The 18k was spaced away from the T so I assumed it was TCH instead of 18kt CH. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: ARC
Upvote 1

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK guys thank you I saw CH meant plated but the TCH made me wonder if it was hopefully something better than plated. The 18k was spaced away from the T so I assumed it was TCH instead of 18kt CH. Thanks again for your help.
Hey boat... it wouldn't hurt to have it checked none the less.
NOT saying because it may be real... but just in case for the heck of it.
Try hitting it with powerful magnet... not in clasp area... if it attracts... then never mind the test.
FOR... i know nothing of this company and its line... complete line that is... i dont know perhaps they make gold crap as well.
I did not read up on the company... i think Red Coat may have posted info though.
The piece i saw some time ago was NOT.

Last edited:
Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread