All Treasure Hunting

Imfishboy

Jan 30, 2015
Sonoma County,Ca
Detector(s) used
MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one that would pick up a 5 lb item. I'll see how this works and maybe get one later that picks up a 20 lb item?.?

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coinstar, just get you a plastic jar lid like the ones on peanut butter that just fits over the face of the magnet and tape a large metal washer to the outside (top) and just slip it over the face of your magnet when transporting it. Remove it to start the adventure when you arrive at the fishing site.

OP
OP
Coinstar magnet

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you, good to know. I read you could get magnets that can lift up to 3 hundred pounds or something like that but maybe I will try something less powerful :) I imagine myself trying to get unstuck from a submerged car. :)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My setups are in the 4 to 5 hundred lb range. You can still get in to trouble if you r not careful around metal pilings and such. They can get stuck and are very hard to get off.

bainsey

Feb 12, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
magnets around 1700lb, lord knows what they are expecting to drag up from the depths but good luck to them

Last edited by a moderator:

BallsDeep

Apr 30, 2012
Eastern Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Whites Surf Dual Field, Garrett Carrot Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ordered a 300lb Brute box from Amazon, guess it has a case for transport. I will use it in the lakes in northern Minnesota this summer. unable to bring the Metal Detector this time so I'll give this a go!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread