Have I found one of the rarest Gem filled meteorites?

Do you think this is real?

• Looks promising! But I’m sceptical

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’d recommend further advice yes

• Definitely seems genuine/rare

• Wow you have found a real beauty!

• Total voters
Jun 24, 2020
Lincolnshire
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi all! I’m new to this site and really need some advice please on what I found a few years back. I thought this site was the best way forward. Could anyone help if possible? I’ve done hours and hours of research on this rock and literally everything is pointing towards it being REAL and RARE! Done all the home tests and so far so good. To the naked eye and without the right lighting, its overall appearance is Gold coloured flecks mixed in with fragments of iron and nickel. This is the content of the entire rock and runs all the way through. As you can see from the pictures, there is already a clear opening in order to be able to see this. Now for the exciting part!! The colours in this rock are immense! I couldn’t believe it myself when my friend and I discovered how the colours all shine through so bright and vividly when in a different lighting, and yet in normal light it just appears plain Gold. As you can see from the pics which were only taken with my standard iPhone camera, there is yellows, blues, greens, purples, some reds, and even the odd scattered clear crystal looking stone. It’s extremely mesmerising and rather beautiful! It’s been sat in my draw all this time and I only realised what it may actually be when my friend pointed it out to me. And when we saw all the beautiful colours coming through and done lots of research online we decided that we MUST find out more. I’ve only seen one out of hundreds of images I’ve scrolled through, that resembles closely to the one I have, the image was taken using Gemmological equipment and it’s had Meteorite Classification by Appalachian State University. I’d really appreciate any help, advice or comments pointing me in the right direction of where to go with this next??
Thank you so very much !
Jennie :-) ✨ 2066E294-C67A-4526-B260-6B039A845882.jpg 5F65C374-4F8B-4694-9641-590EC96AB410.png 57F3303D-FB56-4EB3-9B43-83E6A4A1FC09.png 3785AA21-6A17-4424-B423-5D91964ACA7C.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also go with pyrite, iron sulphide, or chalcopyrite. Chalcopyrite is iron sulphite with copper added in. Either would be terrerstrial.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not a meteorite. :occasion14:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Got any pics of confirmed meteorites that are pretty? All the one's I've seen are unattractive. They just look like ugly rocks.

With all the hours of research, why not take it to a professional for professional advice?

Good luck to you over there!

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty it is indeed, but I'm afraid I don't see anything at all which suggests it's a meteorite, and lots of things about it which suggest that it isn't... particularly the crystal structure. I would say it's pyrite-related and terrestrial. It may well also include elements of hematite since it's a common secondary mineral with pyrite. That can be even more colourful from an iridescence point of view than pyrite alone. Google 'specular hematite' or 'rainbow hematite'.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all! I’m new to this site and really need some advice please on what I found a few years back. I thought this site was the best way forward. Could anyone help if possible? I’ve done hours and hours of research on this rock and literally everything is pointing towards it being REAL and RARE! Done all the home tests and so far so good. To the naked eye and without the right lighting, its overall appearance is Gold coloured flecks mixed in with fragments of iron and nickel. This is the content of the entire rock and runs all the way through. As you can see from the pictures, there is already a clear opening in order to be able to see this. Now for the exciting part!! The colours in this rock are immense! I couldn’t believe it myself when my friend and I discovered how the colours all shine through so bright and vividly when in a different lighting, and yet in normal light it just appears plain Gold. As you can see from the pics which were only taken with my standard iPhone camera, there is yellows, blues, greens, purples, some reds, and even the odd scattered clear crystal looking stone. It’s extremely mesmerising and rather beautiful! It’s been sat in my draw all this time and I only realised what it may actually be when my friend pointed it out to me. And when we saw all the beautiful colours coming through and done lots of research online we decided that we MUST find out more. I’ve only seen one out of hundreds of images I’ve scrolled through, that resembles closely to the one I have, the image was taken using Gemmological equipment and it’s had Meteorite Classification by Appalachian State University. I’d really appreciate any help, advice or comments pointing me in the right direction of where to go with this next??
Thank you so very much !
Jennie :-) ✨ View attachment 1843854 View attachment 1843859 View attachment 1843860 View attachment 1843864
Some tests you can do at home ,at the bottom of this page.
>> https://www.clemson.edu/public/geomuseum/meteorites.html

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me welcome you to a very informative site . I hope someone can help you

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread