Have you heard of this?

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Somehow (can't quite remember how) I came across the mention of a man named Stan Grist. He is a treasure hunter from Canada. I found something quite interesting in his Yahoo! groups messages. He met a man named Juan Moricz down in Ecuador a while back. Juan Moricz had 'stumbled' upon an archealogical/treasure trove. He claimed that he had asked the natives of the area for access to a cave that went 10 feet straight down, then tunneled off into what he described as a network of tunnels and caves that run for miles underground in Ecuador. He said that in these tunnels and caves were many books of metal, inscribed of some unkown tongue. He also found priceless artifacts/relics and gold. I can't seem to find much on the net regarding this, and was wondering if any of you have heard of the same? Stan's web-site is http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/stangrist and his story is under the messages part of this page. It is broken up into 7 parts, I think.
~The Rainbow Warrior Scout~

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
He posts some pictures of himself and Juan Moricz and a guy named Zoltan on the web-site. No pictures of the treasure or anything. Juan didn't want to publicize unless he could do it to the whole world at once, b/c of something to do with the implications of his find making Ecuador the cradle of civilization, and not Mesopotamia or Africa. I want to see pictures myself, b/c I am skeptical. That is why I am posting here, b/c we have the best clue hounds here!!! ;D :D ;D :D

cedarratt

Nov 14, 2004
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Zoltan? I think I heard that name in either dude wheres my car or galaxy quest maybe both lol.

I dont know about 20ft people but in africa I think it was they recently discover 4 foot people that were an offshoot of human evolution. So I guess it might be possible.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Tudor;
I am an American living in Bolivia and I have been 'down South" for quite a few years now and I can state with some authority that Stan Grist is becoming a legend down here. I do feel that he is a very self-promoting sort of guy, kind of like that Tony Robbins person that used to be on TV back in the USA, but I have not met Stan in person, therefore I cannot state with any degree of certainty what sort of person he is. I will state that there are several other Americans living down here and they all seem to feel that he is somewhat of an *exaggerationist*. It seems that he uses all of the popular treasure stories in these parts and embellishes them to some degree. The sad part is that he seem to miss most of the really GOOD treasure stories though. I mean the ones that the local indians having been telling to their children around campfires for centuries. My favorite "lost city" story is "El cuidad de Paititi" or the City of El Dorado. Yes, I am talking about the Lost CIty of Gold that so many conquistadores spent their lives and meager fortunes searching for. All historic accounts place the first references to Paititi in the present-day locale of Bolivia, more exactly, in the province of Beni, Bolivia, which is basically a huge swamp or marsh, for lack of a better description. I've heard the basic story of Paititi at least 100 times since I've been here, along with lots of the variations. It is an interesting "lost city" story, and one which I would share with the group if anyone is interested. Also, the stories of lost cities and fabulous treasures pale in comparsion to the actual historical finds in South America too. Take Samiapata for example. This sandstone hillside sits high in the mountains 2 hours South Of Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and it must have been some type of ceremonial site. There is evidence that the carvings of Samiapata were actually started 100s of years before the Incas conquered the region and then the Incas sort of "added" to the site, including carving niches in the hillside around the circumference of the site. It is commonly stated that the Inca placed 'holy dolls" in these niches, but I feel that the truth may be slightly more sinister to us modern type of people. It is a well known fact that among the Incas, there was a sect that believed that the dead did not truly die, and that they only left their bodies behind. Ths they were mummified, and various times throughout the year, they were paraded around and given food and drink. Thus began the "Cult of the dead". One can still see remnants of this cult in the various Roman Catholic holy days. Intead of mummies however, the locals parade images of saints. Anyway, my short answer has become longwinded, so I will close for now.
Your friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Thanks Lamar! I have heard many tales regarding El Dorado. One is the most famous to scholars; of the king of a poor people, who covers himself with a sticky substance, then is coated with gold dust, then washes it off into a lake. Another one I have heard is that the Jesuit priests had 9 (I think) gold mines that they controlled in Southern America, and that these gold mines are collectively known as El Dorado. I would love to hear your 'version' of this ever going story, since you are "down South".

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear Searching Tudor;
The story of the Inca king who would get covered in gold dust is not just a camp fire story, it is an actual piece of historical fact. For over 100 years, the Incan king would have his body covered in a honey-like substance by priests, then gold dust would be applied to his entire body. This would take place in Cuzco, Peru and from there the journey began to lake Titicaca, which lies between Peru and present-day Bolivia. Once he reached this sacred lake, after a long ceremony, he would dive into the lake, and re-surface with the gold dust washed away. The significance of this ritual was to add credence to the legend that the King of the Incas was a son of the Sun God (hence the gold covering) who was sent down to Earth to become a man and rule the Incan people. When the king stood on the edge of the lake, he was the son of the Sun God, and when he surfaced, he became a man. Several Spanish witnesses testified to this interesting and incredible story. Also, the silt on the bottom of Lake Titicaca was analyzed within the last 2 decades and very high contentrations of gold dust were found. Also, gold has never been discovered around the lake, and judging from the gold particles recovered from the lake bottom, it stands to reason that the ritual actually took place.
The story of the Jesuits and the 7 mines is just that, a story. The 7 *cities* that you are referring to could have very probably existed at one time though. It is known that the Incas were not only great conquerers, they were also wonderful tradesman as well. Supposedly, Paititi was one of those cities. Macchu Pichu could have been another, and also Cuzco was almost definitely one, along with Tiahuanaco. That leaves the cities of the peoples of Akakor, Akahim and Ofir to round out the 7 cities. Now, it is supposed that Machu Picchu had been abandoned by the Incas even before the Spaniards arrived, which was why it remained hidden by the jungle for centuries. Therefore, it would stand to reason if the other cities were also abandoned, then they will remain hidden as well until somebody discovers the ruins. It must be undertood that gold was used by the Incas as oramental decorations and it had no real trade value, therefore the cities may or may not have any significant amount of gold in them. Gold only became valuable to the Incas after they realized that it what the Spaniards were after, so it is very possible that there was no real effort made to hide it, because there was probably not that much to begin with. I feel that Paititi, or El Dorado, may refer to the color of the walls of the city and not the actual metal, gold. In the Incan language, "cayu" pronounced Kay-U means yellow, which is also what gold is called. The Incans could have feasibly thought that the Spaniards were seeking the "Yellow City" instead of the "Golden City" and if Paititi were constructed of yellow clay, then that is what the Incas meant when they described to the Spanish a "City constructed of gold". However, any lack of gold, silver, emeralds, or other treasure should not deter the adventurer in the least, for the REAL treasure to Paititi would be in the historical story of the find itself. Finding Paititi would shed light on a great many as yet unanswered questions about the Inca nation. If you have any more questions pertaining to the interesting history of South or Central America, please do not hesitate to ask.
Your friend;
LAMAR

mirkaba

Dec 7, 2004
Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I think I remember this story from a book I read a long time ago. It was either in 'Chariots of The Gods' or The other book by Van Danikyn (sp). Maybe 'Messages of The Gods' ????

sdgrist

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2005
Hi SearchingTudor,

Thanks for asking about me. May I please clear up some inaccurate information for you? You have my web site address wrong. It is actually www.stangrist.com. My free newsletter is found at the address you mentioned on Yahoo Groups. I am not from Canada, however, I lived in Calgary, Alberta for 12 years where I owned a private investigation agency called, Elite Investigations.

My story about meeting Juan Moricz in Ecuador is completely true. However, I have not yet visited the Cave of the Tayos myself. I do not know of any photographs that exist of the "Metallic Library". I am not even yet 100% sure that the story is true. However, on my web site, in one of my e-packages and in my free newsletters I have reported about all of the information that I have gathered on the subject thus far. You may also want to check out an interesting new web site at: http://www.goldlibrary.com/index.htm.

If you would like more personal information regarding this subject, please feel free to contact me from my web site. I offer a free alluvial gold prospecting course on my web site and I believe that is what you are referring to about something broken into 7 parts.

I hope this helps to clear up a few points. All the best, Stan

SearchingTudor said:
Somehow (can't quite remember how) I came across the mention of a man named Stan Grist.? He is a treasure hunter from Canada.? I found something quite interesting in his Yahoo! groups messages.? He met a man named Juan Moricz down in Ecuador a while back.? Juan Moricz had 'stumbled' upon an archealogical/treasure trove.? He claimed that he had asked the natives of the area for access to a cave that went 10 feet straight down, then tunneled off into what he described as a network of tunnels and caves that run for miles underground in Ecuador.? He said that in these tunnels and caves were many books of metal, inscribed of some unkown tongue.? He also found priceless artifacts/relics and gold.? I can't seem to find much on the net regarding this, and was wondering if any of you have heard of the same?? Stan's web-site is http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/stangrist? and his story is under the messages part of this page.? It is broken up into 7 parts, I think.? ?

sdgrist

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2005
Hello Lamar, So, I am becomming a legend in South America am I? Thanks for the plug. You say that I am self-promoting. Is that because I use sales letters to promote my e-products that I have spent my lifetime developing? Thanks for admitting that you cannot accurately conclude what kind of person I am because you have never met me personally. That is very honest of you. I would be quite amused to know why you call me an "exaggerationist". Do you feel that I have claimed or stated something inaccurately? Please be specific as to why you feel this way. Exactly which popular treasure stories have I embellished?

And you say that I have sadly missed the most important GOOD treasure stories? Have you even ever looked at my web site? Before you publically degrade someone, you really should take the time to investigate properly and find out what they are all about. You seem to use third party hearsay a lot. That's a very dangerous shortcut used by lazy people.

You obviously know a lot about South American history and treasure lore. You very aptly recite from some well-known books. Let me ask you a few questions: Have you ever discovered an unknown lost city yourself? Have you ever discovered a commercial ancient alluvial gold deposit with more than a million ounces of reserve? Have you ever discovered a deposit of raw diamonds? Have you ever discovered a hoard of colonial Spanish gold coins?

I have done all of this and much more. I don't say this to brag. I say it to defend my lifetime achievements and to help put a stop to malicious rumors from jealous wannabes. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to get to know me better. Better yet, come to Quito for a visit and a real adventure.

Best Regards,
Stan

lamar said:
Dear Tudor;
I am an American living in Bolivia and I have been 'down South" for quite a few years now and I can state with some authority that Stan Grist is becoming a legend down here. I do feel that he is a very self-promoting sort of guy, kind of like that Tony Robbins person that used to be on TV back in the USA, but I have not met Stan in person, therefore I cannot state with any degree of certainty what sort of person he is. I will state that there are several other Americans living down here and they all seem to feel that he is somewhat of an *exaggerationist*. It seems that he uses all of the popular treasure stories in these parts and embellishes them to some degree. The sad part is that he seem to miss most of the really GOOD treasure stories though. I mean the ones that the local indians having been telling to their children around campfires for centuries. My favorite "lost city" story is "El cuidad de Paititi" or the City of El Dorado. Yes, I am talking about the Lost CIty of Gold that so many conquistadores spent their lives and meager fortunes searching for.? All historic accounts place the first references to Paititi? in the present-day locale of Bolivia, more exactly, in the province of Beni, Bolivia, which is basically a huge swamp or marsh, for lack of a better description. I've heard the basic story of Paititi at least 100 times since I've been here, along with lots of the variations. It is an interesting "lost city" story, and one which I would share with the group if anyone is interested. Also, the stories of lost cities and fabulous treasures pale in comparsion to the actual historical finds in South America too. Take Samiapata for example. This sandstone hillside sits high in the mountains 2 hours South Of Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and it must have been some type of ceremonial site. There is evidence that the carvings of Samiapata were actually started 100s of years before the Incas conquered the region and then the Incas sort of "added" to the site, including carving niches in the hillside around the circumference of the site. It is commonly stated that the Inca placed 'holy dolls" in these niches, but I feel that the truth may be slightly more sinister to us modern type of people. It is a well known fact that among the Incas, there was a sect that believed that the dead did not truly die, and that they only left their bodies behind. Ths they were mummified, and various times throughout the year, they were paraded around and given food and drink. Thus began the "Cult of the dead". One can still see remnants of this cult in the various Roman Catholic holy days. Intead of mummies however, the locals parade images of saints.? Anyway, my short answer has become longwinded, so I will close for now.
Your friend;
LAMAR

sdgrist

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2005
Try, Gold of the Gods...

mirkaba said:
I think I remember this story from a book I read a long time ago. It was either in 'Chariots of The Gods' or The other book by Van Danikyn (sp). Maybe 'Messages of The Gods' ????

M

mr_bumpkin

I happened by total coincidence to stumble upon a copy of "Gold of the Gods" over at a local bookstore this week, and I'm very surprised how much of the internet information available about this story is recent as of just this year, at least when you consider how old the book is.

I wish some confirmation of Von Daniken's claims could be found, most particularly of the plates. That would be cool.

Stan, my question is this: What do you think are the odds, if this place actually exists and Von Daniken isn't just lying his head off, that anyone might find it again some time soon? Do you think you'll be giving it a try?

M

mr_bumpkin

I don't get what's funny,? or what you mean by saying BUSTED.

I'm just curious how hard it would be to find this cave again that Moricz found.? ?

It seems like Hall spent a large portion of his life in search of it and never found it, because the caves his big expedition found don't seem to be the same as the one described in the book.? ? ?Maybe a different section of the same cave system, but not the same actual caves depicted in the book.

My credulity is tested, however, by the idea that Von Daniken would have omitted to take pictures of the plates,? perceived peril or no perceived peril.? ? ? ?Even if he was worried about the flash causing problems, could he not have at least taken a few (albiet poorly exposed)? pictures without the flash?? ? ?He had a flashlight at least, and could apparently shine that on them without causing problems.

If they exist and a modern expedition of whatever size could find them again,? I see no reason pictures could not be taken using some kind of light intensification device.? ?

But that's the trick:? ?They have to exist first, now don't they?

Dirtfishin

Dec 3, 2005
Southern Tier NY (temp)
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace100 (my first one)
White's Surf Pro PI
Nokta Legend
SASQUASH said:
BUSTED now that is funny HA HA.

Guess you've never read any of Stan's post before! :-[

He is quite knowledgeable and friendly!!!! :)

Brla.... Now that's quote is FUNNY! Thanks for the chuckle! ;D

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my quest for knowledge I have purchased one of Stans E-books. While they did make interesting reading I was not compelled to try any of the methods of making money that he described. However I believed it was worth the few dollars spent and that the
E-book could prove valuable if tried. You cannot say that Stan has not live what he is writing about because he has. Don,t be quick to judge him as he is a credible modern day treasure hunter in all ways. Just my thoughts.

Ed Donovan

OP
OP
SearchingTudor

SearchingTudor

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
CaptainZossima said:
I AM an Incan Sorcerer, I say Lamar, Tudor, and SdGRist all are the same single person. I worked for the gov't in linguistics for years. The style, sentence structure, and syntax of the three amigos is the same. You've all been busted by a human advertising machine.
Cap Z.

LMAO! I had totally forgotten that I had posted about this way back when! The little updater has been sending me messages recently, so I check it out, and voila! LOL Captain Z., thanks for the laughs man! I'm not worried a bit that you think I am the same person as SdGrist or Lamar. The important people of this site know that it would be impossible, considering that I live all the way up here in lil' Rushville, IN! LOL Thanks for the laugh though man.

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I read that book; Gold of the Gods by Eric Von Daniken. In it he reports about the cave with the golden books. He claims the books are from aliens and he couldn't take pictures of them because the flash would damage the wood artifacts nearby. BALONEY!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread