Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Y'all,

Since I haven't posted in a while, I figure that I better get caught up so I'll be making a series of posts. My son had some nice finds last year (Clovis, big Adena, scrapers, points) and he's started out pretty good this year too. He just turned 10 and has a really good eye. He started the year with a nice bifurcated point:
IMG_4305.jpg IMG_E4310.JPG

He then found a nice little point in a new field that we got permission to hunt:
IMG_4392.jpg IMG_E4393.JPG IMG_E4394.JPG

Then he found another before the fields got disked, but he didn't realize that it was a point and pulled it before I got the in-situ:
IMG_E4449.JPG IMG_E4450.JPG

He also found another little point while I was on a work trip, so I didn't get an in-situ. Here's the 4 of them together:
IMG_E4746.JPG IMG_E4747.JPG

At that point in the year, he was skunking me 4-0.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your boy did very well...Love the reddish tree looking markings on the short speckled one.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Some excellent points!

Harrodsburg chert is wildly colorful. I have found brown and red up this way too. I like the color of his, very nice.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First point on the right looks like KRF or Yellowstone agate. If so, it's a long way from home. More likely glacial till flint from somewhere up north. Gary

OP
OP
Kantuckkeean

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First point on the right looks like KRF or Yellowstone agate. If so, it's a long way from home. More likely glacial till flint from somewhere up north. Gary

I don’t think it’s KRF, although the closeup photo gives it a false hue making it look that way. It doesn’t have that brown/root beer color. It’s grey. I think it’s made from the same material as the Clovis that he found.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread