Havin a hard time since Im new.

nnieto505

Sep 20, 2013
Havin a hard time since I'm new.

Im looking for the best detector, by opinion, for around 600$-650$. Also with a screen that shows the most information about whats under the coil and reads good depth, about 2feet and prospects. Me and son love to pan but find nothing. Sorry all the knobs and dials is like another language to me. Also have an old whites coinmaster 5000/d series 2- should i just get batteries for that or has it been surpassed by walmart kids detectors by now???

Upvote 0

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I kinda wounder if we could make of... "map of salt water beaches"... where the AT-PRO is used and have had good results... or not so good....by the people using them and Where ,it might help straighten this out.
Gary

SoCalBeachScanner

Aug 17, 2013
Coastal Orange County, CA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX, AT Pro, ProPointer, and a weirdly good sense of direction
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The AT PRO has four frequencies but only can use one at a time. Detectors that send out more than one frequency at a time are like the Excal, CZ-21, Beach Hunter ID, most Minelabs and the Pulse Induction detectors. The AT Pro can be used at some saltwater beaches in the wet sand but not well at others due to the amounts of salt concentrations and black sand. It varies from location to location. It is generalized when they advertise it as a beach detector. As for where I live now, has no bearing on my past experience hunting the east coast. I have many detectors because I sold them , and enjoy learning all of them. I've met the golden Olde and learned the Happy Dance from Norm. But you probably never visited his website. Just Saying!

The Golden Olde

HH,
Sandman

~~Touché! Sandman ... I was just messing with ya ... it took ya a spell to find my post

OP
OP
nnieto505

nnieto505

Sep 20, 2013
ForumRunner_20130928_204505.png

Here's the pic to see if it is similar to yours for tuning.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread