98CB63C1-B452-4E25-BB1B-FE31442892E5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 59

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s a curious find. My reading of the reverse is as follows, with letters I can read in red and my guesses for the other letters in black:

NÉ A
PESSARO EN 1792
MORT A
PASSY EN

So, in French, that would be “Born in Pessaro in 1792, Died in Passy in 1868”. That would fit as a commemorative medallion for the Italian composer Gioachino Rossini (Joachim Rossini in French). He was born in Pesaro, Italy (French spelling Pessaro) in 1792 and died in Passy (an area of Paris, France) in 1868.

I can then persuade myself that the bust on the obverse is of Rossini himself and that it says “ROSSINI” to the right. On the left it may say “GIOACHINO” or, more likely, his French equivalent Christian name “JOACHIM”.

Can’t find your exact medallion, but here’s a portrait of the man from another medalet:

Rossini.jpg

Upvote 17
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s a curious find. My reading of the reverse is as follows, with letters I can read in red and my guesses for the other letters in black:

NÉ A
PESSARO EN 1792
MORT A
PASSY EN

So, in French, that would be “Born in Pessaro in 1792, Died in Passy in 1868”. That would fit as a commemorative medallion for the Italian composer Gioachino Rossini (Joachim Rossini in French). He was born in Pesaro, Italy (French spelling Pessaro) in 1792 and died in Passy (an area of Paris, France) in 1868.

I can then persuade myself that the bust on the obverse is of Rossini himself and that it says “ROSSINI” to the right. On the left it may say “GIOACHINO” or, more likely, his French equivalent Christian name “JOACHIM”.

Can’t find your exact medallion, but here’s a portrait of the man from another medalet:

View attachment 2014317
Hey Red-coat Is it safe to say 1868 is that the area?

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NÉ A
PESSARO EN 1792
MORT A
PASSY EN

View attachment 2014317
Once again red coat you never disappoint unbelievable read the knowledge you have up there is priceless……unless you’re still paying a student loan lol

Upvote 3
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not to be confused with a coonass which is a pretty good type of guy.:laughing7: Love ya ,Truth!
I got a New Orleans coonass accent that everywhere I travel people noticed big time except for in New York believe it or not we have what’s called a Yachty accent. One day when I’m on good ground I’m gonna make a video I just have to get that right ground with that black gumbo soil it’s the best. I love you too my brother

Upvote 1

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a New Orleans coonass accent that everywhere I travel people noticed big time except for in New York believe it or not we have what’s called a Yachty accent. One day when I’m on good ground I’m gonna make a video I just have to get that right ground with that black gumbo soil it’s the best. I love you too my brother
I got a soft spot for coonasses,one of the best friends I had in the Marines was a man named Ira Brown,he had the accent,I can recognize it any where.I can,t recall the exact place he was from,50 years ago you see.But he was as true a friend as I,ve ever had.Keep the faith!

Upvote 1
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got a soft spot for coonasses,one of the best friends I had in the Marines was a man named Ira Brown,he had the accent,I can recognize it any where.I can,t recall the exact place he was from,50 years ago you see.But he was as true a friend as I,ve ever had.Keep the faith!
Being a coon ass mother plays a strong part she’s 49% of the relationship we are of course 51 because if anything goes down will be the first one shoot rounds off to protect our family but other than that we’re good people we still respect our elders call the door open for women and women appreciate it and we will talk and strike up a conversation with anybody and a coonass is in the blood we buy a lot of food/crawfish because no one man should eat eat alone. I can honestly say 11 on the bayou out of the major cities you’ll learn how you don’t see color you see the man that the man that when he sees you he tells you good morning and vice versa every morning just good people down here hell my town still has a full serve gas station lol

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread