Heading home

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be back in western North carolina in a few months. Anyone out there have any experience with the area? I don't need locations just curious about some finds. I wanna look for old relics and do some prospecting. I have a YouTube channel that I will be uploading videos on the whole time I'm back. (No locations will EVER be provided). Maybe someone wants to do some hunting together. Either way I'm looking forward to hearing about some finds. Cheers and HH.

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sushi, not sure what area you are going to be coming back to, but I have posted a link to the early history of Rutherford County. The French Broad, the Broad, the Green and the Catawba rivers, and the land along and between them were used for habitation and hunting grounds, by the Catawba and Cherokee. Also there was gold mining in Rutherford county before the California gold rush. I have panned and sluiced mainly on one piece of property one summer and flour gold is the most I could come up with. Depending on how adventurous you are, your best bet may be to pick a river and jump in a canoe with a pan and a shovel.
I'm sure some of the info in the article will be upsetting to some people but it is history and right or wrong it happened and its history.

https://theblueridgehighlander.com/...ins-and-foothills/Rutherford-County/index.php

OP
OP
sushidingo

sushidingo

Mar 3, 2015
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster pro, at gold. Gold monster 1000. Equinox 800, sdc 2300, soon D2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Alright thanks I'll check it out. I'm not sure what to expect as far as gold type I'm expecting to find in NC. I know I'm not interested in flour gold. Thats too hard to manage

DaveSmith

May 26, 2020
western nc.....foothills
Detector(s) used
none
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I agree, I classified in a 5 gallon bucket and sluiced it one summer on Sunday afternoons and some weekends and the biggest piece I found was a small sliver and the rest was flour. Now I'm a novice but did try to apply some logic where I was digging at and most articles and information you get from this area is that it is mainly alluvial gold.

Good Luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread