cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What headlamps do all you folks like for night hunting? I've had two die on me so far this summer, so, I'm in the hunt for another one. I'd like one that is a simple on/off light. No red light, strobe, or any other such feature. Preferably it's both waterproof and rechargeable, but, I can live without those features if the light is good enough. Something with high candlepower would be a plus also. Thanks.

Upvote 3

mindcrime1988

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2011
Southeast Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus II, DetectorPro Headhunter, BlissTool & Pulsedive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the Olight Perun mini. It has good power and recharging it is very simple. Or if you want even more lumens, the Olight Perun 2 is the same as the mini but just a little bit larger. They both work great and have an IPX8 rating.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What headlamps do all you folks like for night hunting? I've had two die on me so far this summer, so, I'm in the hunt for another one. I'd like one that is a simple on/off light. No red light, strobe, or any other such feature. Preferably it's both waterproof and rechargeable, but, I can live without those features if the light is good enough. Something with high candlepower would be a plus also. Thanks.
Man ill have to look....boss gave it to me cause he saw i liked his.....incredible little head lamp....ill check and see who makes it !!

Reactions: ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trav 777 could respond to this... he bought the same one i have... but mine is indisposed at the moment... cannot remember the name.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fenix light systems are probably one of the higher quality lamp makers.
I have had one now for around 10 yrs. Just had one issue (this year)with it as the ground wire detached from the PCBoard.
I contacted them, and they were willing to help get it repaired, but I just put a dab of solder on the connection and it's still going strong.
You pay for quality, we have a small flashlight of theirs also, lights up the place.
Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 2.30.40 PM.png

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenix light systems are probably one of the higher quality lamp makers.
I have had one now for around 10 yrs. Just had one issue (this year)with it as the ground wire detached from the PCBoard.
I contacted them, and they were willing to help get it repaired, but I just put a dab of solder on the connection and it's still going strong.
You pay for quality, we have a small flashlight of theirs also, lights up the place.
View attachment 2036257
wow thats up there.

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a firm believer in quality tools, but, I find it hard to justify spending a lot of money for what is in reality a flashlight on a strap. Fenix wants $220.00 for one of theirs? Yikes! Does it give you a scalp message and rid you of mosquitos and headaches too? :censored:

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found one I'm going to give a try. Most of the headlamps I find have several different light options, and you have to toggle through all of them to turn the one you want on, and then off again. I generally hunt in the dark and only turn on the light when needed. Having to constantly press a switch to get to the light you want and then turn off is just annoying. The one I just found has a motion sensor option where you don't have to press a button to turn it on. Once you set it up, you just wave your hand in front of the light and it turns on the setting you want. Very inexpensive light, so, quality and light output might be an issue......we'll see. Supposed to be light, water resistant, and rechargeable.

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my Black Diamonds, full water proof, don't have to cycle through to off. Really bright when turned up. Plenty bright on the lowest setting to walk safely in the dark. Dimmable in any mode. Holds that setting through off and on. Nice bright red mode for creeping 🤘

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really like my Black Diamonds, full water proof, don't have to cycle through to off. Really bright when turned up. Plenty bright on the lowest setting to walk safely in the dark. Dimmable in any mode. Holds that setting through off and on. Nice bright red mode for creeping 🤘
Is that the brand name? Model name/number?

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the brand name? Model name/number?
Yeah sorry bout that, haven't read all the rules yet but here ya go..........https://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/shop/headlamps/
I have a couple of the spot 350s but they have a new model now. Been eyeing the 700 but think I'm going to make a li-ion pack for one of mine first. The lamp time on stock battiers is pretty good but I can't help but tinkering with things.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've sold a bunch of this brand of caplamp made by Wisdom in the mining industry and they are the number one preferred caplamp hands down. They make several models for outdoor activities to industrial applications such as working underground in a mine. This link it their website. http://www.wisdom.hk/ You can also find them at several online shopping locations.

Last edited:

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few - i try and go for water proof
i just do a google search for water proof head lamps
good luck

OP
OP
cudamark

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received the headlamps from Ikaama yesterday and used one last night. So far, so good. :icon_thumleft: It comes as a two pack, which is a nice idea. Use one until it goes dead, then change to the fresh one while you charge the other. At $21 for the pair, I didn't think I'd get hurt too bad. Not a fan of buying Chineseum stuff, but, not many out there made in USA that are reasonably priced. The things I like about these are: they're light and comfortable, headlamp is plenty bright for my use, and most of all I like the motion sensor that will turn the light on and off.....no need to push tiny buttons with a gloved hand. Just wave your hand over the light and it turns on. Another wave and it turns off. No toggling through endless light options. Time will tell how it holds up. Just an IP5 rating, but, I didn't plan on taking it under water. I have a dive light for that. Rain, splash, and a quick accidental drop dunk shouldn't be a problem. For those who like to press buttons, they have two of them and they're not the biggest or easiest to press. Also the adjustability of the light itself is adequate for me, but, I've had others with a greater angle range. Maybe 90 degrees at the most. I'll update as necessary if something changes.

Lammi

Greenie
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was given the motion lamp from a friend, nice to wave on and off and cheap 2for $20
what I bought myself is Coast , I bought it because it’s higher quality and in a pinch you can use regular batteries, But cost is $50
my motion ones still working for a month now but had a friends stop charging
So I will go back to coast if mine stop charging
coast are much heavier though

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread