Headphones for Legend (for anyone that does not like Over the ear headphones)

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As the title says this is a heads up for those that detect with headphones but hate having their ears covered, (that's ME), LOL
I have been testing several different sets of earbuds and Bone Conduction Headphones, I love the Bone Conduction headphones but both earbuds and the bone conduction phones do not work properly when detecting with the threshold activated in the Legend every pair of Bone Conduction phones and every pair of earbuds I have tried just would not work correctly with the threshold active in the Legend, (and there is a reason they did not work correctly), but when using the supplied wireless headphones that comes in the Legend pro pack the threshold would work flawlessly, The reason being is the supplied headphones for the Legend are Aptx LL Low Latency headphone the LL is the key to the headphones working correctly.
Most all earbuds and bone conduction headphones are Low Latency but they are not Aptx LL Low latency, earbuds and bone conduction phones are just standard Aptx 5.0,5.1,5.2,and the latest is 5.3 these are low latency but not LL Low Latency
I have tried many pairs of earbuds at least 12 different pairs, and two pairs of Bone conduction headphones which I do like the two bone conduction headphones the best out of all I tried but, I recently tried a different type of Neck band speaker and I am quite impressed by them so I figured I would share my findings

Just received my Avantree Taurus Neck Band speaker and I will say I love these things

They are actually APTX Low Latency LL so when you connect them to the Legend you will see the two little LLs by the headphone icon in the Legend screen, just like the wireless headphones that came with the Legend, had no issues with them pairing with the Legend, I hate wearing headphones that cover my ears

other earbuds and the bone conduction phones the two little LL is not present by the headphone Icon when connected so they are not true Low Latency LL connections, the Avantree are true Aptx LL Low Latency and work just like the factory headphones that comes with the Legend

My main complaint with earbuds and even the Bone Conduction phones which I have been using never would work correctly when running the Legend with a threshold but the Avantree Taurus works great when running with the threshold activated on the Legend
I have been on a search for a pair of phones that were actually Aptx Low Latency LL, and these Avantree Taurus are exactly as Avantree states.
They are a little different but well worth the try,in my opinion, and yes people will hear what your detector is doing,and saying

here is a link to the Avantree Taurus

https://avantree.com/torus-nb05-bluetooth-wearable-speaker

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Did not realize it but I posted this to the wrong place can the admins move it to the Legend section

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread