headphones for legend

CMP

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab X-Terra 705, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Makro Legend
No. The Legend uses Bluetooth headphones. The green ones are for Simplex.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can use any headphones or earbuds that are low latency ATP LL. If you're going to use the threshold tone you have to use headphones, from what I understand you can't hear it on earbuds.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Just to reiterate what nuggetshooter323 is saying he is spot on what ever earbuds or headphones you choose to use have to utilize Codec aptX LL Bluetooth to work correctly with the Legend which utilizes Codec aptX LL Bluetooth

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the purchase of the Nokta headphone adapter, most corded headphones can also be used with the Legend.
I'm going to put that to the test because I'm going to get the Detector Pro Gold Series headphones with the 1/8" plug for nugget hunting, but they're supposed to be for the Equinox or Gold Monster. I'll try them with a 1/4" adaptor with the Nokta headphone adaptor for the Legend. Then if I'm lucky, that setup will work on my Gold Kruzer, or I can plug it into the remote Wanderer unit so I don't have to be attached to the detector. If that works then they'll work for the Anfibo, and since at the base they have a 1/8" plug it might work on the Deus and the ORX since I use both of those for nugget hunting too. A lot of "what if's." 😵

Last edited:

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
With the purchase of the Nokta headphone adapter, most corded headphones can also be used with the Legend.
if someone wants to be tethered to their detector yes, but who in this day and age wants to be tethered to their detector unless hunting under water (Not Me) LOL

Boghog1

Apr 24, 2023
NH
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex
Past: Bounty Hunter Pioneer
Well this explains why I can't pair my pulsedive pinpointed to the BT Headphones.

CMP

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2023
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab X-Terra 705, Makro Racer 2, Nokta Makro Legend
I've been using the Avantree Torus wireless neck speaker and so far I am very happy with it. It's a little pricey at about $90 bucks but you get both external speakers and retractable ear buds.

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've been using the Avantree Torus wireless neck speaker and so far I am very happy with it. It's a little pricey at about $90 bucks but you get both external speakers and retractable ear buds.

I also use the Avantree Torus and I love them

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Deep Tech Vista X
Golden mask Pro 4 WD
Golden Mask 7
Nokta/Macro Simplex Plus
Nokta Legend
Xterra 705
Garrett ATP
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can use any headphones or earbuds that are low latency ATP LL. If you're going to use the threshold tone you have to use headphones, from what I understand you can't hear it on earbuds.
it is not that you cannot hear the threshold, if the earbuds are not aptX LL you have to turn the Threshold up so high in the settings that it is to loud you also have to adjust the threshold pitch way up before you can even hear the threshold if the headphones or earbuds are not aptX LL just because a set of earbuds say low latency does not mean they are aptX LL

1Seekingsilver

Mar 1, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i and Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anyone have some suggestions on low latency earbuds Model or brands they use with no issues? The headphones are great but are very hot in the summer!

Picketwire

Dec 10, 2017
SE Colorado
Detector(s) used
Lazer Trident SI, fisher gold bug, tesoro outlaw, mojave, compadre, stingray, teknetics t2 and omega 8000, fisher f2, garrett ace 250, compass judge 2, whites TRX, fisher F-pulse, Garrett carrot and r
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aukey EP-B80 earbuds work well and are Aptx-LL

1Seekingsilver

Mar 1, 2023
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i and Nokta Legend
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I ended up purchasing earfun pro 3.0 earbuds and tried then today. They are low latency aptx. I am hoping they work as well as the other earbuds suggested in this forum!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions