headphones for the Legend (this is for anyone that does not like to use over the ear headphones)

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
in the Tucson AZ area now
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
2-Nokta/Macro Legend Pro Pack
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
x2 quest X Pointer Max - my favorite
Fisher F Pulse
Nokta Pulse Dive 2in1 kit
Garrett AT Pro (not Used)
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As the title says this is a heads up for those that detect with headphones but hate having their ears covered, (that's ME), LOL
I have been testing several different sets of earbuds and Bone Conduction Headphones, I love the Bone Conduction headphones but both earbuds and the bone conduction phones do not work properly when detecting with the threshold activated in the Legend every pair of Bone Conduction phones and every pair of earbuds I have tried just would not work correctly with the threshold active in the Legend, (and there is a reason they did not work correctly), but when using the supplied wireless headphones that comes in the Legend pro pack the threshold would work flawlessly, The reason being is the supplied headphones for the Legend are Aptx LL Low Latency headphone the LL is the key to the headphones working correctly.
Most all earbuds and bone conduction headphones are Low Latency but they are not Aptx LL Low latency, earbuds and bone conduction phones are just standard Aptx 5.0,5.1,5.2,and the latest is 5.3 these are low latency but not LL Low Latency
I have tried many pairs of earbuds at least 12 different pairs, and two pairs of Bone conduction headphones which I do like the two bone conduction headphones the best out of all I tried but, I recently tried a different type of Neck band speaker and I am quite impressed by them so I figured I would share my findings

Just received my Avantree Taurus Neck Band speaker and I will say I love these things

They are actually APTX Low Latency LL so when you connect them to the Legend you will see the two little LLs by the headphone icon in the Legend screen, just like the wireless headphones that came with the Legend, had no issues with them pairing with the Legend, I hate wearing headphones that cover my ears

other earbuds and the bone conduction phones the two little LL is not present by the headphone Icon when connected so they are not true Low Latency LL connections, the Avantree are true Aptx LL Low Latency and work just like the factory headphones that comes with the Legend

My main complaint with earbuds and even the Bone Conduction phones which I have been using never would work correctly when running the Legend with a threshold but the Avantree Taurus works great when running with the threshold activated on the Legend
I have been on a search for a pair of phones that were actually Aptx Low Latency LL, and these Avantree Taurus are exactly as Avantree states.
They are a little different but well worth the try,in my opinion, and yes people will hear what your detector is doing,and saying

here is a link to the Avantree Taurus

https://avantree.com/torus-nb05-bluetooth-wearable-speaker

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to try as I've suggested

HomeSpot Neckband Wireless Earbuds aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones Bluetooth 5.1​

$20.00 Amazon

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You need to try as I've suggested

HomeSpot Neckband Wireless Earbuds aptX Low Latency Bluetooth Headphones Bluetooth 5.1​

$20.00 Amazon
You need to read my whole post which explains why I do not Like the Earbuds so far in my search the only ones that have actually worked with the Threshold on the Legend correctly is the Wireless headphones that came with the Legend and the Avantree Taurus and I also stated the reasons why the others do not work, if you do not detect with your threshold active on the Legend you would never know that the ones you choose is not working correctly it is only when detecting with a threshold that they do not work so since I detect with the threshold active on the Legen I need a pair that works with everyhing on the Legend not just the tones, to work with the threshold correctly they have to be aptX LL Low Latency the ones you posted up are not the LL is the key that makes them work with the threshold.

RwP

Feb 12, 2020
Midwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Says they are I guess the LL that comes up on my Legend is faulty
Aptx LL Low Latency stands for LL

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Says they are I guess the LL that comes up on my Legend is faulty
Aptx LL Low Latency stands for LL
you need to go look up the different types of low latency

there is aptX low Latency, aptX LL Low Latency and several others 5.0,5.1,5.2,5.3 and so on the nokta wireless headphones that comes with the Legend are aptX LL Low Latency, and when connected to the Legend you will see LL by the headphone icon on the Legend screen, the ear buds are Low Latency but different form the low latency the Legend utilizes.

your Legend is not faulty you just are not using the correct earbuds, the thing is if you are not using the threshold you will never notice that they are not working correctly as it does not affect hearing the tones

Did you not get headphones with your Legend, if you did connect the supplied headphones and then you will see what I am saying it also states this in the manual for the headphones and I think in the manual for the Legend.

Last edited:

Res Ipsa

Feb 1, 2023
RwP, right on there: I also started using the HomeSpot aptx LL earbuds you’ve mentioned.

The “LL” appears on the Legend screen when paired with these HomeSpot ‘buds. I notice no latency when swinging the coil, and the threshold behaves the same as when I use the Legend’s stock bluetooth headphones. They’re basically a drop-in replacement if you want to try APTX LL earbuds instead of over-the-ear APTX LL headphones. Can’t beat the price either.

For less than $30, they’re a great solution. Highly recommended.

APTX LL (low latency) bone conduction headphones are as rare as hens teeth. I’ve yet to find any. But APTX LL earbuds DO exist in various forms, as you and the OP attest.

Res

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
RwP, right on there: I also started using the HomeSpot aptx LL earbuds you’ve mentioned.

The “LL” appears on the Legend screen when paired with these HomeSpot ‘buds. I notice no latency when swinging the coil, and the threshold behaves the same as when I use the Legend’s stock bluetooth headphones. They’re basically a drop-in replacement if you want to try APTX LL earbuds instead of over-the-ear APTX LL headphones. Can’t beat the price either.

For less than $30, they’re a great solution. Highly recommended.

APTX LL (low latency) bone conduction headphones are as rare as hens teeth. I’ve yet to find any. But APTX LL earbuds DO exist in various forms, as you and the OP attest.

Res
its really strange because everyone is recommending the same ones you do and some say the LL is not present on the Legend screen and others say the LL is present so I wander why that is

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
SOZO gaming buds do it for me

Res Ipsa

Feb 1, 2023
its really strange because everyone is recommending the same ones you do and some say the LL is not present on the Legend screen and others say the LL is present so I wander why that is
Perhaps they’re trying to use one of HomeSpot’s other bluetooth earbud products which are not APTX LL, such as “HomeSpot Noise Reduction Wireless Neckband Headphones with Qualcomm aptX HD”. APTX HD is not low latency.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
SOZO gaming buds do it for me
if you are talking about the Tozo's which ones are you referring to I have 5 sets of tozos and yes they are low latency but not aptX LL and none of them work when detecting with the Threshold active in the Legend, the Tozo's are 5.1-5.3 which will work when only using the tones and with the threshold off infact they work pretty good but if you activate the threshold they do not work good at all.

The legend Bluetooth is aptX LL

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Perhaps they’re trying to use one of HomeSpot’s other bluetooth earbud products which are not APTX LL, such as “HomeSpot Noise Reduction Wireless Neckband Headphones with Qualcomm aptX HD”. APTX HD is not low latency.
dont know when I go to the site everyone keeps giving a link for there is only one set of earbuds comes up so no clue

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I will just stick with these Avantree Taurus they are working great and they also come with attached wireless earbuds so they work as a speaker or earbuds you just have to flip a switch on the speaker to activate the earbuds

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
if you are talking about the Tozo's which ones are you referring to I have 5 sets of tozos and yes they are low latency but not aptX LL and none of them work when detecting with the Threshold active in the Legend, the Tozo's are 5.1-5.3 which will work when only using the tones and with the threshold off infact they work pretty good but if you activate the threshold they do not work good at all.

The legend Bluetooth is aptX LL

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Tozo G1 gaming buds. Work great with the Legend

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Tozo G1 gaming buds. Work great with the Legend
Except if you are trying to detect with the threshold activated and then they do not work with the threshold, yes they work with the tones but not the threshold.

I have tried the Tozo G1s, Black Shark T1sor G1s which ever they are Tozo N9s,Tozo T10s just about all of them, at least 12 pairs of various earbuds yes they all work with the Tones great, but if you detect with the threshold activated they do not work with the threshold again yes they work with the tones in fact they all worked great if just using the tones only.

tell me do your Tozo G1s when they are connected to the Bluetooth on the Legend is there two little LL next to the Bluetooth Icon on the Legend screen because when I connect the Tozo Gas to the Legend those two little LL are not there and that is why they will not work with the threshold on the Legend.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Except if you are trying to detect with the threshold activated and then they do not work with the threshold, yes they work with the tones but not the threshold.

I have tried the Tozo G1s, Black Shark T1sor G1s which ever they are Tozo N9s,Tozo T10s just about all of them, at least 12 pairs of various earbuds yes they all work with the Tones great, but if you detect with the threshold activated they do not work with the threshold again yes they work with the tones in fact they all worked great if just using the tones only.

tell me do your Tozo G1s when they are connected to the Bluetooth on the Legend is there two little LL next to the Bluetooth Icon on the Legend screen because when I connect the Tozo Gas to the Legend those two little LL are not there and that is why they will not work with the threshold on the Legend.
I haven't seen the LL. There is a Low Latency setting on the buds but it doesn't report the LL to the legend.

OP
OP
oldkoot

oldkoot

Jan 18, 2017
Detector(s) used
Garrett Axiom
Garrett GM 24K
Simplex Plus
Xterra 705
Fisher F Pulse
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I haven't seen the LL. There is a Low Latency setting on the buds but it doesn't report the LL to the legend.
as long as you do not try to use the threshold the Tozo's have all worked good, as I stated when I started this thread, i love these Avantree Taurus you can use them two ways as a speaker that just rests on your shoulders or they have a set of earbuds that are attached to the speaker via a wire that retracts where I detect there is no traffic of people its pretty secluded so I just run them as a speaker, because of my tinnitus I can not hear the threshold coming through the on board speaker on the Legend because of the distance it is from my ears but with the Avantree neck band speaker it basically puts the sounds from the Legend closer to my ears so I have no issues hearing anything including the threshold, and I can stay aware of what is going on around me and what my wife is doing, the Avantree Taurus are working great for me, they are a little expensive at $89 but what isn't expensive these day

by the way the LL not being present it what keeps the Tozo G1s from not working with the threshold, I use the threshold all the time whether detecting for coins and jewelry or detecting for Gold Nuggets, Gold Nugget detection is my main detecting so I have to be able to hear the threshold because a threshold gives you a lot of info that you would otherwise miss, most all gold detectors are threshold based detectors, it takes some time to get accustomed to running a detector and using a threshold but it is well worth the time to learn to use the threshold, a threshold can give you slight nuances on a target that you otherwise would not even know you are swinging a coil over, because of the target being just to deep for a audio response, the threshold can alert you that you just swung over a target that should be investigated.

Richard Guy

VETERAN
Dec 19, 2019
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster
Bounty Hunter 202
Nokta Simplex +
Nokta Legend
Nokta PulseDive
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
as long as you do not try to use the threshold the Tozo's have all worked good, as I stated when I started this thread, i love these Avantree Taurus you can use them two ways as a speaker that just rests on your shoulders or they have a set of earbuds that are attached to the speaker via a wire that retracts where I detect there is no traffic of people its pretty secluded so I just run them as a speaker, because of my tinnitus I can not hear the threshold coming through the on board speaker on the Legend because of the distance it is from my ears but with the Avantree neck band speaker it basically puts the sounds from the Legend closer to my ears so I have no issues hearing anything including the threshold, and I can stay aware of what is going on around me and what my wife is doing, the Avantree Taurus are working great for me, they are a little expensive at $89 but what isn't expensive these day

by the way the LL not being present it what keeps the Tozo G1s from not working with the threshold, I use the threshold all the time whether detecting for coins and jewelry or detecting for Gold Nuggets, Gold Nugget detection is my main detecting so I have to be able to hear the threshold because a threshold gives you a lot of info that you would otherwise miss, most all gold detectors are threshold based detectors, it takes some time to get accustomed to running a detector and using a threshold but it is well worth the time to learn to use the threshold, a threshold can give you slight nuances on a target that you otherwise would not even know you are swinging a coil over, because of the target being just to deep for a audio response, the threshold can alert you that you just swung over a target that should be investigated.
Thanks for explaining the 'Threshold' feature. I'm still learning this stuff

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't need the threshold hum unless I'm detecting for gold nuggets, so I could use the earbuds if I could get them to pair. I got the Tozo G1's and the Homespot, and I can't get either to pair. The main problem with Tozo's is I can't get it to go into "gaming" mode. Oh well, I'll just keep messing with them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread