Headphones - Yes or No

Daniel in Ak

Feb 23, 2005
Alaska
yep your starting a bad habit.First and foremost ALWAYS use headphones as it helps with battery life,depth and reduction to outside noise around you.Wont go into depth but dude start useing them everytime you go out digging.nuf said :)

gregl01

Apr 19, 2005
land of the free-taxed to death
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Nokta Fors CoRe
Hi Dan, I recently received my ace250 and it came with volume adj. headphones. I haven't used them all that much. The only drawback is that the ace250 is SOOOO LOUD!!! the headphones will keep from annoying others. On this detector I don't think it matters much with or without, your preference. Do what you're confortable with. It's your hobby and meant to enjoyed!!!!!! Have fun and good luck finding those coins( with out headphones or with!!!) LOL
HH
Greg

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always use them. ?Naturally in noisy areas it cuts down on the outside noise, as well as discourages others from buggin me when I dont want to be, but also allows you to hear the soft whispers of a deep target.

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
I have used many "el cheapo" units that didn't come with earphones so when I started using "higher end" machines they seemed weird, but it sure cut down on all the little kids digging big holes every time they hear it beep! 8)

surfrat96

Bronze Member
Mar 15, 2005
Hollywood, Florida
Detector(s) used
AquaSound
I always use them ?helps save battery life and you can hear tones you wouldn't be able to hear without them. Another thing I like about them is that when you're out hunting a beach or park you don't have to answer all the questions people ask. I just ?pretend I don't hear or see them.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH ?8) surfrat96

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
? ? I always use them too. If you use a Whites Prizm, and maybe some other detectors, headphones will not let you hear fainter signals. With a Prizm if it beeps it's always the same beep. But I'd still use them if only for the increased battery life. The biggest reason I use them is to draw the least amount of attention to myself. If you use a high end detector you want high end headphones.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't use them, but I am new so what do I know?

HH!!

Attachments

• Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 220
  • Disapointedigger.jpg
    Disapointedigger.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 221

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The headphones are a lot more efficient than your MD speaker...the batteries will last MUCH longer. I agree with all the above posts about the utility of using headphones....suggest you get the best ones you can afford...I love my Grey Ghost Ultimate, purchased at Southern Treasures, at a great price http://www.southern-treasures.com/

omnicognic

Bronze Member
Jan 22, 2005
Tampa, Florida
Michael in SC said:
Stupid question but....how do headphones help extend battery life??

Thanks,
Michael
It requires a lot less power to produce sound in the tiny speakers next to your ears as less volume is required to hear it. Without earphones the larger speaker has to produce louder sound for you to hear as well, there by using more battery power (did you know the most electricity hungry part of you car is the horn?) HH omnicognic 8)

B

Broncox Vernon BC

Does anyone have any experience with wireless headphones?,looked for them at Radio Shack last time I was at the Mall.....but didn't have much luck, I think the transmitter had to be plugged into 120
I would sure love something like that as I'm always pulling my phones off.
Broncox

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I rarely go without headphones. I have a hearing loss and can just hear better with headphones. also, not as many people try to interrupt you when you're working a busy area. I just pretend I can't hear them but I can hear normal convesation nearly as well as without them.

OP
OP
alabamadan

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
OK. I'll only wear the headphones. I just wanted to know why. I appreciate the info. :D

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
aside from the forementioned reasons, they are great because they don't attract unwanted attention. I would just as soon not have people asking me what I am doing...whereas beeping etc. just draws attention.

I have had two people who thought that my MD was a weed-eater!! I guess people use ear protection when they use them, and I wear earbud headphones!

R

rvbvetter

Yes For all the above reasons. And as long as you wear them side to side, and not like me, front to back. Really cuts down on the finds. HH

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
surfrat96 said:
I always use them ?helps save battery life and you can hear tones you wouldn't be able to hear without them. Another thing I like about them is that when you're out hunting a beach or park you don't have to answer all the questions people ask. I just ?pretend I don't hear or see them.
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? HH ?8) surfrat96

LMAO!!

Sounds like me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread