Headphones

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
CTX 30/30,Whites v3i, Garrett pinpointer, garrett pinpointer AT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any opinions on a new set of headphones for land hunting? I have been using the stock ones. I have the grey ghosts for water but there was a guy admiring my finds the other day and dropped a cigarette ash on the black foam and burned a hole in them they still work but I just can't get past it it has been killing me since it happened! Another reason to ban smoking. Sorry to all you smokers. Any suggestions for a new set another stock set or is there something better? The stock ones seem to work well enough I am just looking for opinions.

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have killer bee's and they work great for me. Any of the metal detector dedicated headphones will work well for you.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I mainly use the Killer B Stinger and love it. Killer B site

I had a problem with them and sent them back to be repaired. In the meantime, I've been using the Minelab Koss UR-30 and they are extremely comfortable.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The koss headphones are the ones he burnt the muff on can those muffs be replaced like the ghost muffs?

lcollins

Oct 29, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705 and CTX 3030. Garrett Pro Pointer and Garrett AT pin pointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that they can be replaced. I have a pair of the Koss Minelab headphones that came with my CTX 3030 and the cable must have a broken wire. I was always going to put a new connector on but Minelab replaced them. I doubt I will ever get around to fixing them. If you can get the pads off of yours I will take the pads off of the ones I have and send them to you. They are in excellent condition as the broken wire happened not long after using them.

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks I will buy the pads thanks for the help everyone.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks I will buy the pads thanks for the help everyone.

I would go Gel pads, a lot easier on the head...they don't fit perfect but you will never put on another set of Hp's with the foam filled pads...

HEADSETS INC D200 GEL EAR SEALS from Aircraft Spruce
OBN0344.jpg

RUGGED GEL SEALS from Aircraft Spruce

OBN0345.jpg

OP
OP
mudd punk

mudd punk

May 4, 2009
Sacramento ca.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone used these do they fit the stock headphones? Do they replace the existing ones or do they cover them?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Water hunters have been using these for several years. I use Aquaseal to put them on, just pull the old off and glue on.. not a perfect fit but comfort wise. On the GGA's
OBN0343.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread