OP
Gare

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a very large wrench slip and smashed 3 of the fingers of the hand holding it. So here's how you drill a finger nail to relieve the pressure. or I should have said this how I drilled it . the finger nails were blue swollen and throbbing . I got a brand new bit , smallest one in the box and work it back and fourth between thumb and pointer finger on the good hand , it took very little effort to get through the nail but was pretty painful for a split second . I wrote this so no one would try it with a drill motor involved. If you're a doctor going kinda guy he will burn through the nail with a hot needle type of tool .
VERY good point TICNDIG !!! Thanks for sharing

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a knee replaced in 2018. They closed the incision with some kind of glue. Hardly noticeable today. When I lived up north (stupid for a Florida native) I used to get severely cracked fingers from working outside in the cold. I would coat my hands with Bag Balm, put tube socks over them & go to bed. They would heal fast.
Bag Balm! Wow, there's a flashback. That's what my mom did for me as a kid when I stayed out sledding with wet gloves. Big mistake.

airborne1092

Sep 7, 2008
Inland NW
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tuesday I cut the palm of my hand pretty good :( I held a Clean paper towel on it till it quit bleeding. Then i had my wife put a couple of large band aids on it. Yesterday the band aids fell off. My wife got a tube of super glue and while i held the cut together she glued it together. Man no more bleed and it is still held together. A friend of mine had surgery and they glued his incision back together. He hardly has any scar. Have any of you tried Super glue on a cut ???
All. The. Time.
my fingers split - mainly my thumbs esp. my right thumb.
Fossicking around in the muck, retrieving minerals in a river, and the dust, dirt, and abuse from years in the Army. All those MIL-STD connectors for radios and power supplies, no gloves, and minor RF burns.
Yes, I use superglue on my cuts. I have noticed though, you use it too much and it destroys the skin around the wound, and makes it worse sometimes, in my experience.
Also, I carry a super-duper medic bag(CLS) in my truck, and I threw in a couple small bottles with the brush applicator. That's how much I depend on it! :)

hollARDog

Jun 18, 2022
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe someday I can hook up a couple of y'all with my woman's goat milk soap. Now I ain't saying my thumbs and finger tips don't split anymore, but instead of always having a split somewhere to just maybe a couple a year is hella nice. No itchy bs skin in the winters anymore either😉 till then, O'Keefe's or corn huskers lotion 😂🤣😂🤣😂

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
years ago I had a very large wrench slip and smashed 3 of the fingers of the hand holding it. So here's how you drill a finger nail to relieve the pressure. or I should have said this how I drilled it . the finger nails were blue swollen and throbbing . I got a brand new bit , smallest one in the box and work it back and fourth between thumb and pointer finger on the good hand , it took very little effort to get through the nail but was pretty painful for a split second . I wrote this so no one would try it with a drill motor involved. If you're a doctor going kinda guy he will burn through the nail with a hot needle type of tool .
This is how I did it with the exception of using the handle and collet of the index bit set to hold the bit.Gives a bit more control over the drilling.Do not,I say again,do not use any kind of power drill!:icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread