Heckler Fabrication Trommel and Gold Claimer Hopper Feeder FOR SALE

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heckler Fabrication 2410-V Trommel with extended sluice box $30,000

Gold Claimer Hopper/Feeder $20,000

(Willing to sell the combo for $42,000.)

Includes 4" Diesel Pump with lay flat hose. Used lightly on weekends for 2 seasons. Found gold, but with work commitments, I had to hang it up. Currently located in Sunol, CA Delivery within California possible.

Attachments

• Feeder 1.jpg
    Feeder 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • Feeder 2.jpg
    Feeder 2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Feeder 3.jpg
    Feeder 3.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 44
  • Feeder 4.jpg
    Feeder 4.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • Hopper Feeder Order.JPG
    Hopper Feeder Order.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Sluice.jpg
    Sluice.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 51
  • Trommel 1.jpg
    Trommel 1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 47
  • Trommel 2.jpg
    Trommel 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 58
  • Trommel Feeder.jpg
    Trommel Feeder.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Trommel Order.JPG
    Trommel Order.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 54
  • Trommel.jpg
    Trommel.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OOPS.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Caged, the site requires you to be a Charter Member in order to sell things. FWIW, There is a facebook group for selling prospecting equip.
He has the CM
Sweet set up, how much material per hour.

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He has the CM
Sweet set up, how much material per hour.
20-30 Tons per hour depending on the material. The first season I ran without the hopper/feeder and ran into problems feeding it too fast. The constant feed speed of the hopper/feeder really fixed those problems.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why are you selling it ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why are you selling it ?
I believe this was the reason:

"Found gold, but with work commitments,"

I took that as one has responsibilities in life and this wasn't putting enough on the table.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably. I thought i would give them a chance to explain

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably. I thought i would give them a chance to explain
I own a mechanical and plumbing contracting business. When we started mining, we had 25 employees. The business has grown substantially and we now have 125 employees. The time away from the business was costing 10x compared to the amount of gold I was finding. I also have 5 children, and family commitments need me to be closer to home. (Wife wasn't exactly happy with me leaving every weekend to go 5 hours away to play in the dirt.) Also have all 4 claims for sale just outside of Quincy, CA.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caged : Welcome to Treasurenet. Thank you for your reply. I am a long ways from Ca. I was wondering if the machines could pay for them selves. Sounds to me like a 7 day a week envolvement

good luck

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caged : Welcome to Treasurenet. Thank you for your reply. I am a long ways from Ca. I was wondering if the machines could pay for them selves. Sounds to me like a 7 day a week envolvement

good luck
Our problem was we were showing up to the claim on Friday evenings. 4 hours to setup. Run Saturday. Tear down Sunday and drive home. When the trommel runs, it makes money. Burned a lot of time in setup and take down.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our problem was we were showing up to the claim on Friday evenings. 4 hours to setup. Run Saturday. Tear down Sunday and drive home. When the trommel runs, it makes money. Burned a lot of time in setup and take down.
Great POINTS !! More facts should realize !!

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks barely used, are these new pictures? Is that Ā½" screen on the trommel? That's a nice looking set up šŸ˜ƒšŸ‘šŸ˜ƒ

It is barely used. Aside from the picture where it was brand new, the rest of the photos are of the current condition. The first summer it arrived later in the year than I would have liked and so we only ran probably 200 yards through. Second season we had water issues and ran around 100 yards. Third season I leased it to somebody else. He had manpower issues and wasn't able to run as much as he would have liked. I would guess he ran 100-200 yards of material at the most.

I believe the screen is 1/2". I also have a never been used full screen section in 3/4" for material that contains larger nuggets. I would of course include that with the sale.

If you like specific pictures I'm happy to take more as it is currently located at my house. Send me a PM with your cell number and I will text you the requested pics.

auminer

May 21, 2023
Cagedbeast
Do you still have the trommel and feed hopper for sale ?
Iā€™ve actually ordered the same trommel from Greg at heckler 2 years ago. There has been a large delay in production there and this year have lost all communication with them since jan this year. Iā€™m hoping that something hasnt happened to the company but starting to think that way. Iā€™ve paid them in full and canā€™t even get a reply to my emails or calls
Seeing that you have the feed hopper setup was something I didnā€™t think about. Looks like a very good complement to the trommel
Depending on what my order situation is with heckler Iā€™d like to get more info on your equipment please
Shaun

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cagedbeast
Do you still have the trommel and feed hopper for sale ?
Iā€™ve actually ordered the same trommel from Greg at heckler 2 years ago. There has been a large delay in production there and this year have lost all communication with them since jan this year. Iā€™m hoping that something hasnt happened to the company but starting to think that way. Iā€™ve paid them in full and canā€™t even get a reply to my emails or calls
Seeing that you have the feed hopper setup was something I didnā€™t think about. Looks like a very good complement to the trommel
Depending on what my order situation is with heckler Iā€™d like to get more info on your equipment please
Shaun
It has been sold. I found the hopper feeder critical to prevent the trommel from jamming. Having a consistent feed made everything just work better.

auminer

May 21, 2023
It has been sold. I found the hopper feeder critical to prevent the trommel from jamming. Having a consistent feed made everything just work better.
Thanks for the reply. Looks like Iā€™m too late on this one I looked a lot for a second hand setup like this before purchasing new which Iā€™m very concerned I wonā€™t even receive. Itā€™s like Greg at Heckler fab has vanished. I canā€™t even get a reply to emails since jan this year . Unfortunately Iā€™ve paid them in full. How was your experience with buying from them ?
I will look into the feed hopper setup

OP
OP
C

CagedBeast68

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the reply. Looks like Iā€™m too late on this one I looked a lot for a second hand setup like this before purchasing new which Iā€™m very concerned I wonā€™t even receive. Itā€™s like Greg at Heckler fab has vanished. I canā€™t even get a reply to emails since jan this year . Unfortunately Iā€™ve paid them in full. How was your experience with buying from them ?
I will look into the feed hopper setup
His shop is only about 100 miles from me so I visited it on multiple occasions. I exchanged emails with Greg about a month ago. While he is hard to get a hold of, Iā€™ve never gotten the impression he is anything other that just really busy. As a 1-2 person company, heā€™s always behind. His product is quality and Iā€™ve always had a great experience with him.

auminer

May 21, 2023
His shop is only about 100 miles from me so I visited it on multiple occasions. I exchanged emails with Greg about a month ago. While he is hard to get a hold of, Iā€™ve never gotten the impression he is anything other that just really busy. As a 1-2 person company, heā€™s always behind. His product is quality and Iā€™ve always had a great experience with him.
Thatā€™s very reassuring.Iā€™ve been thinking the worst as a lot a businesses have folded in the hard times He was really good at communicating when I first ordered but this year canā€™t even get a reply email.Iā€™ve been dealing with him for 2 years on this order now Iā€™ve been very patient and understanding with him as I knew he was short staffed and having trouble with supplies. Also seemed to me a very genuine honest hard working guy.
When you google his workshop adress it comes up with an auto parts shop which concerned me
I live in Australia so canā€™t just drop in for a chat at his workshop
It was always a risk buying out of my home country but I believe he has the best product with a great reputation
Really appreciate your comments
Shaun

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread