Hello and thanks for having me!

HunterHero

Nov 27, 2021
Chattanooga Tn.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello everyone and thanks for having me! I have to start but saying my user name is a fraud! Ha! I’ve never hunted treasure so I’m no hunter hero! :p

That being said I am looking to get into hunting via a metal detector and would love some good advice! I’ve always been interested in hunting this way so with Christmas coming up and my wife asking me what I want, I decided that now is a good time!

We live near a civil war battlefield, I know it’s illegal so I’m not doing that, but we have family property that almost borders the battlefield and businesses that have had relics found so I’ll start with some of that.

Anyway I’m looking at a Minelab Equinox 800 Multi-IQ to get started. Good idea or nah?

Thanks!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country). You might also consider adding your state (or country) to your displayed profile (SETTINGS -> EDIT PROFILE) so if you ask a question, etc. - members may have more success helping you (your location may help etc.)...

AND
THANKS for becoming a Charter Member and supporting T-Net!

Last edited:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

OP
OP
HunterHero

HunterHero

Nov 27, 2021
Chattanooga Tn.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome! That's a great choice for a detector. Give me a shout if you have questions.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com
Hey thanks very much!

Could you help me put together a list of things I will need to get started? I would really like to go ahead and get everything I am going to need so I can hit the ground running!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks very much!

Could you help me put together a list of things I will need to get started? I would really like to go ahead and get everything I am going to need so I can hit the ground running!
Sure, I'll send you a message

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hx2, A Big Welcome to You to the Tnet forum from Georgia. We are glad to have you aboard. It sounds like you are in the vicinity of "the Battle Above the Clouds". You will like the forum here as there are plenty ok experienced knowledgeable folks here. Best of luck to you in your decision for a detector. Watch Utube videos on the units you think you may be most interested in. Great research tool.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, welcome from upstate NY. The Nox 800 will serve you well. Your location is grand, and I hope you are successful in your new hobby.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to a VERY FINE internet forum !! TREASURENET :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread