Kay-O

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2014
West Bloomfield, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello, I’m Steve (Kay-O) form West Bloomfield, Michigan.

I am really excited to find this website and meet like-minded people!

I am new to the hobby. I mean really new! I have never even used a MD! Well… You have to start somewhere!

After all my research and speaking to the sales rep, I decided to buy the Garrett AT Pro with all the goodies. I hope I made the right choice! I chose the AT Pro because I think it will meet and hopefully exceed my expectations and my ability. I live in an area that was once native Indian land, which was settled by Europeans in 1820’s and is surrounded by lakes (my lake is 300 yards away). There are no Civil War battle fields, but maybe some French / British skirmishes by the Detroit River and no gold deposits. So, I went with the AT Pro because it’s an all-around machine that I can take from the lake to the field.

I have always been fascinated with history and our past. I enjoy learning about the who’s, what’s, where’s, when’s and why’s of man’s past activities. And treasure hunting / metal detecting fits that bill. I guess I became a treasure hunter when I was five years-old when I started coin collecting; looking for a 1909 vbd penny, or that last coin to fill my blue coin book and it continues today. This past summer, I took my four year-old twin boys, Ian and Ryan fishing for their very first time off the boat dock at our lake. We didn’t catch a fish  aww! But! I did fish out of the lake an 1893 blob top Detroit Brewing Company beer bottle! The story was featured in December 2013 issue of Antique Bottle & Glass Collector magazine pgs. 44-45 and the February 2014 issue of Lost Treasure Magazine pgs. 56-58.

***Looking for an experienced partner(S) to go hunting. I’ve got some ideas! Let me know! ***

Thanks,

Steve (Kay-O)

P.S. I am always interested in your feedback!

Attachments

• IMG_2230.JPG
    IMG_2230.JPG
    920.2 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2240.JPG
    IMG_2240.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2272.JPG
    IMG_2272.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
OP
OP
Kay-O

Kay-O

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2014
West Bloomfield, MI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, I had the pictures right side up when I posted them, they came out sideways! arrrgh.

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Steve; I think you made a great choice, I love mine!. Not sure which coil(s) you have, but you will want the 5x8DD for sure, I never take mine off, better balance, lighter, good for trashy spots. I am about 60 miles north of you, and hunt the beaches, and parks, along the big lake. Nice blob top, been a collector for 25 years, in fact I have had THAT same bottle before.......................small world!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome from s.w. of mid Mi.. Going to be hard to find anything better than youngsters catching when the fish are biting, but happy hunting!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread