lestrahl

Sep 27, 2021
Fredericksburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello,

I'm happy to find this site, as I had no idea it existed. I grew up in FL on stories of Mel Fisher and lost Spanish treasure ships (been to that museum too many times to count). I've always loved the idea of finding lost treasure and great adventures. I now live in Virginia, between several of the largest battlefields in the war.

My house lies on Union lines from the Battle of Fredericksburg, and my Father in Laws property is along the Confederate lines from the Battle of Wilderness. I finally bought a metal detector this past weekend, a Garrett AT Pro and the pinpointer, and I'm ready to start looking for whatever might be left over.

I'm really looking forward to looking for history, and would appreciate any advice or help thats out there.

Thanks,
Lance

OP
OP
L

lestrahl

Sep 27, 2021
Fredericksburg, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks! looking forward to it. Just unboxed the detector last night, so we will see how it goes. Going to try to get some time around the property tonight. Just digging around I've found WWII era buttons and other folks have found 3500 year old scrapers and points, so I'm hoping for good things.

What part of Florida are you from? I grew up in Tampa

DiggerKid2003

Jul 5, 2014
Spotsylvania VA
Detector(s) used
Garret At Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Wireless Z-Lynk headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome lance! You’re in the right area, if I had any spots to share I would but I ain’t got any myself :laughing7:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Virginia for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lestrahl,

Welcome to TNet from Ohio. Recommend first that you truly learn your machine and that takes time under the coil, watch some YouTube videos on metal detecting (you should even be able to find some using your specific machine), find an experienced detecting partner - (there is a section on TNet for finding detecting partners), and look to join a metal detecting club. Back when I lived in the DC area, I was a member of the Northern Virginia Relic Hunters Association; back then (I moved in 2016) we met at the NRA National Headquarter building Northern Virginia Relic Hunters Associatiion It is an excellent club with very many experienced detectorists with many of the focusing on the Civil War - some are even renowned historians. The club also brought in experts in many different fields to give presentations on a regular basis. Hope this helps. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

mjb Mike

Feb 10, 2021
southern mayland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I'm happy to find this site, as I had no idea it existed. I grew up in FL on stories of Mel Fisher and lost Spanish treasure ships (been to that museum too many times to count). I've always loved the idea of finding lost treasure and great adventures. I now live in Virginia, between several of the largest battlefields in the war.

My house lies on Union lines from the Battle of Fredericksburg, and my Father in Laws property is along the Confederate lines from the Battle of Wilderness. I finally bought a metal detector this past weekend, a Garrett AT Pro and the pinpointer, and I'm ready to start looking for whatever might be left over.

I'm really looking forward to looking for history, and would appreciate any advice or help thats out there.

Thanks,
Lance
welcome Im not far from you Im just over the harry nice bridge in maryland you got some good spots all around you

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

Thanks,
Lance
Welcome to Tnet!!!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard Lance! You are in a great area for CW, wish you the best of luck and look forward to seeing the posts of what you find.

Bay Beagle

Apr 6, 2012
Central, Virginia
Detector(s) used
DEUS XP V5
MINELAB EXPLORER II
NAUTILUS DMC
WHITES COIN MASTER
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome Sir: I am 45 minutes east of You, down in the middle peninsula - between the Mattaponi and Pamunkey - alot of action up Your way, and Winter Quarters to boot.
Fredericksburg has alot to see in "Old Town", and the surrounding areas.
Looking forward to seeing Your rewards.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread