Hello from gorgeous Madison County, Iowa!

Iowa Beach House

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2019
Beautiful Madison County, Iowa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, as in "The Bridges of Madison County" - it is an area of rolling hills, oak savannas, smaller rivers, abundant wildlife, and of course, crops. Madison County is the birth place of John Wayne and the Red Delicious apple. One of the Monument Men was also from here, so we have a lot of neat history! My main treasure interest is in Native American artifacts, but I am also kind of getting into metal detecting, but I am just mainly fumbling around with that project. I just have a cheap-o metal detector, but it is still fun - hopefully I will get further inspired by all of you. I am looking to learn about my NA finds from those experts that are on here, and I look forward to our online time together! (I also did not mean to post two photos of myself - how obnoxious is that??!! Sorry) DSC_1185.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3731.jpg
    IMG_3731.jpg
    793.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard T-Net from Northern Virginia :skullflag:

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan :occasion14: :headbang:

tahomatom

Sep 3, 2013
Sutter Creek, Ca.
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000di pro plus
Whites id beach hunter
Got rid of the Minelab pointer,
Then got a Garrett. Much better pointer.
Minelab Xterra 705
Ibuprofen
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome and have to tell you I hunt with a gal that only uses yard sale detectors and she always does better that I do. She spends time on her 5 buck machines and has a good ear.
Looks like you have a hunting buddy :‐)

OP
OP
I

Iowa Beach House

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you all for the warm welcome! My adventure buddy is named Jack - he is Blue Heeler/Border Collie mix . . . I could probably teach him to use a detector, he is so darn smart! I will look into the 'Iowa' forum - great tip. Hope you all have a fantastic rest of your week, and good luck out there!

OP
OP
I

Iowa Beach House

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sedona, AZ is near and dear to my heart - I have been going there since I was a child, and still go at least once a year to get in some sunshine, great hikes and to get caught up in the vortexes. :tongue3:

OP
OP
I

Iowa Beach House

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2019
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OreElse, Sedona, AZ is near and dear to my heart - I have been going there since I was a child, and still go at least once a year to get in some sunshine, great hikes and to get caught up in the vortexes. :tongue3:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also sent a FR hope you accept I like to share my finds and experiance. Tommy

MetalArchSC

Feb 14, 2017
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another female detectorist! Yeah!!! Not many of us here compared to the fellas but you’ll find some great folks on here. If you stick around long enough, you’ll get the fever. Save up now for that machine upgrade. Lol.
Welcome to Tnet!

Diggitdaddy

Mar 7, 2020
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, White DFX, Fisher F4, White V3i, Anfibio Multi
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, welcome to Treasure net. Your introduction is kind and genuine, got a feeling with that attitude you are bound to find some cool artifacts and dig up some history. I too am an Iowan, born and raised in Fort Dodge, have visited John Waynes boyhood home there but never made it out to look at the bridges. Have you tried detecting aroun them yet ? Maybe its a hotspot ! Well good luck and will be looking for your next post

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from Georgia, looking forward to seeing your future finds and past if you care to share them.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread