Yuba City California
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000
EQUINOX800
MOSSBERG 12 GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello All fellow gold prospectors;

My name is Buzz and i’m Living in Northern California, when I was younger and living in Southern California I spent many hours at Hungry Valley prospecting at the creek along with a hundred other prospectors. Those were the days that dredging was legal in California. I joined the GPAA as a life member at a gold show when the organization was a few years old, back then I received a GPAA hat with membership. I slowly moved out of prospecting because without my own claim I was not very successful.

A few months ago I was watching TV when a commercial came on featuring an old guy sitting in a chair fingering gold coins warning everyone that if you don’t own gold, your doomed to be destitute for the remainder of your life when you retire; he then instructed the audience to only buy gold from a certain company that was probably paying him to read the script exactly as written.

Well I did agree with the guy that owning gold was a good investment, so I decided to own gold.

I learned very quickly that no one except very large buyers of gold buys gold at the daily spot price,

And it became very clear that dealing with a very large buyer of gold like the company advertising on TV is expensive.

I discovered that i’d be paying well over the spot price for gold when buying gold from the company advertising on TV, and receiving well under the spot price when selling gold back to the company advertising on TV this pricing structure only benefits the company advertising on TV.

That old guy sitting in his chair on his porch is in for a big surprise when he needs to cash in his gold coins

I decided to get my gold from the Original Equipment Manufacture, I staked a BLM clam in the Sonora Tuolumne Area and now obtain my gold directly from the source, the way God meant it to be.

For equipment, I own a Minelab GPZ 7000 for detecting gold and a Minelab Equinox 800 to detect relics and coins left around the abandoned hard rock mines by the “old timers” . I own a 12” Gold Fox Trommel that I run in a large tub to recirculate water and a R&M 14” Rock Crusher along with various other pieces of fun equipment to find and process gold.

So, fellow miner’s PM me if you’re interested in chatting and exchanging ideas and stories

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: California for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Buzz in California

Buzz in California

Apr 22, 2019
Yuba City California
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000
EQUINOX800
MOSSBERG 12 GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Rusty Gold, Against the Wind, HuntH2002 and Professor of Engineering for the warm welcome

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Welcome from Salinas, CA. The rules for fellow CA md'rs is quite simple: You send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. Get busy ! :hello:

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Northern Virginia, GO RAIDERS :skullflag:

OP
OP
Buzz in California

Buzz in California

Apr 22, 2019
Yuba City California
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000
EQUINOX800
MOSSBERG 12 GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome from Salinas, CA. The rules for fellow CA md'rs is quite simple: You send me 30% of all your finds. I accept paypal. Get busy ! :hello:

That’s a fair deal, I always follow the forum rules. in fact I can send 100% OF MY FINDS where do I send the shell casings, nails and my deepest most precious finds, the old bottle caps. PM your address and I’ll ship it all off today

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan
:occasion14:
:headbang:

HIGHSTRUNG

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2019
Camden SC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 9" HF Coil, Garret Pro-Pointer, MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome from SC!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi

Possum

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2017
Southeast Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 and Equinox 800, XP Deus, Shadow X5, Shadow X2, Fisher F44, Whites Coinmaster, and Tesoro Compadre'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:hello: Hello and welcome to T-Net from Southeast Louisiana... "D"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions