traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Thanks for letting me join. I bought my first metal detector about 43 years ago and it still works. I just recently decided to get back into metal detecting, upgraded my equipment and am looking forward to getting out and doing some hunting real soon. I've done lots of reading here and plan to do lots more.

Thanks again.
Jim
Welcome to Tnet, Jim. Lots of great folks here and lots of knowledge. Have fun.

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. Thanks for letting me join...Jim...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: South Carolina for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

kamogawa

May 29, 2011
Hi. Thanks for letting me join. I bought my first metal detector about 43 years ago and it still works. I just recently decided to get back into metal detecting, upgraded my equipment and am looking forward to getting out and doing some hunting real soon. I've done lots of reading here and plan to do lots more.

Thanks again.
Jim
Hey Jim,

That's great that you are getting back into it! Out of curiosity, what is the detector you bought 43 years ago?
Some of those older ones really hold up well. Especially Garrett and Whites. Thank goodness for feather light detectors that don't take six 9 volts and 12 double As. The first detector I ever saw was the boxy White's Coinmaster.

Brian

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread