Hello Question about detecting in Georgia!

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Tnet Georgia, My name is Jim. I am heading to Savannah end of this week and debating about bringing the detector. Checked local laws, not that different than here in Michigan. But, I did not find any info about hunting beaches. Specifically, I know I am going to Tybee Island one day. Can anyone brief me on the law regarding beach hunting and local parks in the area? Really appreciate it.
Jim

madmantrapper

Sep 1, 2018
Carroll County, Maryland
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look like it is OK, according to this "Tybee's beaches offer a variety of finds no matter what the time of year. After high tides and storms is the best time to make a good find of shells, driftwood, or other interesting items on the beach. You can also use metal detection devices(14th to 18th Streets are the best areas for this)."

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beaches are OK. but many of the older parks are off limits - like Forsythe Park. Fort Pulaski National Park - OFF LIMITS; the downtown block parks are probably off limits too. Beach parking during the day is $3.50 an hour, but after 8 or 8:30 PM. beach parking is free. Lots of detectorists work the beaches at night and a few coins and rings are commonly found. The Minelab boys work the shallow water and waters edge - and don't miss much.
Good luck, and enjoy your stay!

OP
OP
jamest64

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Will do. Thanks..... Enjoying the first day very much so far. Have not been here since my honeymoon.....thanks for the advice
JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread