traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings, all. They call me MomPirate - but Alicia works too. :) I've always wanted to get into metal detecting and finally got my first machine. I live in Parker, Colorado and can't wait to immerse myself in this amazing hobby. Cheers!
What kind of machine did you get? Have you tried it yet? Everyone has a learning curve with a new machine, even experienced folks, so do not get discouraged. We are here to help.

OP
OP
MomPirate

MomPirate

Tenderfoot
May 22, 2022
What kind of machine did you get? Have you tried it yet? Everyone has a learning curve with a new machine, even experienced folks, so do not get discouraged. We are here to help.
After a lot of stress and hemming and hawing, I ended up getting the Simplex+ I really am wet behind the ears and wanted a good machine that was going to get me off to a nice running start and something I can understand. I was going to get looking at a Minelab Vanquish and even the Equinox 800 but realize that is just too much for my skill set yet. Thank you for your welcoming support!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a lot of stress and hemming and hawing, I ended up getting the Simplex+ I really am wet behind the ears and wanted a good machine that was going to get me off to a nice running start and something I can understand. I was going to get looking at a Minelab Vanquish and even the Equinox 800 but realize that is just too much for my skill set yet. Thank you for your welcoming support!
You are very welcome and I wish you much success and joy in your new hobby. If you do a search on here for Simplex I am sure you will find lots of fellow owners of that machine that can share their experience.
Let me know if I can help you.
Cheers

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...I live in Parker, Colorado...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard! Take a look at Forum: Colorado for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. There's a great bunch here.

Bury some coins in the yard and mark them with wood or plastic, and then practice with the detector settings and sweeps. Great learning tool.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread