Hello, this format is new to me , and I have a reading comprehension disability along with a dash of tarrets .

Frogsticker73

Feb 23, 2023
I registered with your group today , hoping that someone in your community might know a little more than the year and country from which these postage stamps I acquired . Last summer rummage saling, I'm not sure if I'm presenting this intro/ question properly, if I'm not please stick straight to the point as to what I need to do , to get this out in the community, please and thank you.
Screenshot_20230105-135827.png

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet

You're doing fine, but you'll generally get more people seeing your finds if you post them in the "What is it?" section. There's also a "Stamp Collecting" section but it doesn;t get as much traffic.

Take another look at the bottom center of the stamp and you'll see the word 'IRAN' in oddly stylised capital letters which aren't easy to read. So there's your answer. They're Iranian 5 dinar stamps. Neat to have a block of them. First Issued under Mohammad Rezā Shāh Pahlav in 1966:

Your picture seems to have an overall green caste to it. That's something you often get if you take pictures in a room with a fluorescent tube for lighting, although there could be other reasons. The true colour for the stamp is a dull green/grey.

EDIT: sorry, I just realised you asked for a little more than year and country. What more do you need?

Last edited:

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome. Don't quit your day job. I can't imagine a lot of worth in old Shah of Iran stamps. He doesn't conjure up warm and fuzzy feelings. In or outside of Iran.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I registered with your group today...
tn_md.gif
Welcome Aboard Frogsticker73! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... and selecting location information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country)...
tn_metal_detector.gif
You might consider posting your stamps on STAMP COLLECTING for more exposure...

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am QUITE sure it was not AFTER 1978

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions