Hello Tnet members

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Been a while since I’ve been here a few years. I’m still around hitting the creeks mostly finding artifacts. Hope everyone has been doing well. I see a few members from the past are still here.
I’ve managed to find a few favorites since my last tour on Treasure net and if I figure how to load my A-Frame picture I will show them.

Attachments

• 6F154AE2-1232-401D-A855-C96C7249255D.jpeg
    6F154AE2-1232-401D-A855-C96C7249255D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Upvote 17
OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
No offense but it’s been a long time since I have been on this forum. Where is everyone?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No offense but it’s been a long time since I have been on this forum. Where is everyone?

Some have passed on, some have moved to Facebook :censored:

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
A lot of folks seem to have drifted away.
Man that’s a shame. FB is full of people that we refer to as Trolls and so many that don’t have a clue on how to tell a real artifact from a modern. I guess this great hobby is dying off. I will still enjoy my collection and will keep looking for them.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Some have passed on, some have moved to Facebook :censored:
Maybe they will get tired of going to the super mall and remember how it used to be and come back like I did. FB has so many hackers in their groups. That’s all I did was approve and denied members. Never had time to have fun and post new finds. Just wasn’t a happy place to be in. I will say my avatar I have posted here got over 3k likes in a week. There are people but most don’t have a clue. All they want to see is points. If you post a Celt nobody even cares cause they don’t know what it is.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lovely frame- and interesting 'cleaning vinegar' post as well. I've been an INfrequent flyer around here since I moved to the great north. But life settles a bit in wintertime, so... nice to see you and happy hunting!

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
That's a lovely frame- and interesting 'cleaning vinegar' post as well. I've been an INfrequent flyer around here since I moved to the great north. But life settles a bit in wintertime, so... nice to see you and happy hunting!
I remember you yakker from the last time I was here. Just stick around we will get some people back. I have followers not all good ones unfortunately lol. And it might appear that I’m talking to myself at times but if we just stop posting people will never come back. Let’s spark some life back in this forum. I’d be out right now if it wasn’t for the rain and cold we are having. Good to see you again

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Nice looking frame, always cool to see NW Georgia finds đź‘Ś
How are you doing Mike? I’m sure you know it’s SurfaceHunter right here. I found me a Gorget last Aug in 2022. Little damage on one end but still a first find for me. I will post it soon. Good to see you

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some members have got into quarrels and disappeared too, I wish I had something worthwhile to post but this is the hardest time of year to hunt around here, leaf cover, crop chaff, snow doesn’t really flush much dirt, the weather keeps things moist and difficult to sift, and just the cold. I tried for about 5 hours on a nicer day and didn’t come up with more than a few flakes…. But back to your frame, there’s a few sort of triangular ones on the left side that look like they could be oldies and that pentagonal one left center catches my eye but I don’t know why, any info on that one?

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Some members have got into quarrels and disappeared too, I wish I had something worthwhile to post but this is the hardest time of year to hunt around here, leaf cover, crop chaff, snow doesn’t really flush much dirt, the weather keeps things moist and difficult to sift, and just the cold. I tried for about 5 hours on a nicer day and didn’t come up with more than a few flakes…. But back to your frame, there’s a few sort of triangular ones on the left side that look like they could be oldies and that pentagonal one left center catches my eye but I don’t know why, any info on that one?
Thanks for the interest in my finds. I know what most of them are but some are up for debate as to the types. The ones you are asking about well let’s just say aren’t typed for sure. In my area we do find points that nobody can say for sure what they are. So I guess I can say what they do which are probably some kind of Copenas. But in reality speaking they don’t know just like me. They are ground lite along the base but heavier 3/4 up from the base. The one triangle left of the center is ground heavy on the base. Found that one 30 miles away from the others.
We have had 3 floods in January and I had just found a section where the points we’re washing out in a creek. I found 12 nice points just before the 3 floods. That being said everything will be scattered by the time I get back. But if any hard stone is in the area I’m hoping it didn’t wash far. I will definitely know my next trip.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
I’m sure you have some favorites still from the past you can share? Sometimes when it’s winter and I can’t get out I will post some past favorites. One thing I noticed on FB is nobody did the group posts it was always about themselves. I tried to do group posts there and nobody would join in. We will do some in the future here I’m sure and I expect and hope you will join in. Anything you post I probably haven’t seen.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How are you doing Mike? I’m sure you know it’s SurfaceHunter right here. I found me a Gorget last Aug in 2022. Little damage on one end but still a first find for me. I will post it soon. Good to see you
Hey Surface, the material gave it away and some of those I remember seeing before 🙂. Good to see you too. I've found a few things but I haven't been able to go out that much here lately. Looking forward to seeing the Gorget.

OP
OP
CreekSide

CreekSide

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2023
Hey Surface, the material gave it away and some of those I remember seeing before 🙂. Good to see you too. I've found a few things but I haven't been able to go out that much here lately. Looking forward to seeing the Gorget.
Lots of hard rain here I’m hoping to catch a break soon. My last couple of hunts a found a Woodland pocket washing out of the bank I’m trying to get back. Have a good day friend

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread