Hello

TnGldHntr

Oct 4, 2010
Hey Gang

I found this forum from one of the gold prospector forums and thought I hit pay dirt. I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver your basic detector. My finds consist of 37 cents and several pull tabs. I see I have a similar problem as a lot of fellow hunters and this finding a place to hunt. Here in North East Tn between private land and the National Forest the challenge lies in getting the land owners to let you hunt on there property. Thanks for having me as a member and I look forward to learning tips and tricks of this hobby.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MG_127.gif
TnGldHntr

MG_124.gif

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
don't know much about TN, but you could go to your local cafe early in the morning and introduce yourself to the regulars and just start listening. create a network of locals to help you in your search.
good luck and welcome to TNET

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Gang

I found this forum from one of the gold prospector forums and thought I hit pay dirt. I have a Bounty Hunter Quick Silver your basic detector. My finds consist of 37 cents and several pull tabs. I see I have a similar problem as a lot of fellow hunters and this finding a place to hunt. Here in North East Tn between private land and the National Forest the challenge lies in getting the land owners to let you hunt on there property. Thanks for having me as a member and I look forward to learning tips and tricks of this hobby.
Welcome

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, good luck out there!

tcmcauley1271

Greenie
May 31, 2020
Oak Ridge, TN
Detector(s) used
Just bought my Garrett AT Max. Going to play with the settings this winter and get out this spring into East Tennessee.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Gang

I know your plight, i live down here southern east TN and we have a similar problem

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Gang

Hey there, gold hunter...1
Welcome to T-Net...!
There are places on this website, that you fill find helpful
in your hobby, and folks with great knowledge in most of
your favorite subjects.
Getting permissions from land owners is a trick, but some
folks have a knack for it...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting...!

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome!
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-):cat::occasion14::headbang:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Gang

Welcome to the forum! Not to worry, you will find places to hunt.

CreakyDigger

Gold Member
Jul 23, 2019
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra v3; Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from upstate NY. One thing that I found that would help when I was looking for permissions to hunt was to take a copy of an old map - usually you can find something at a local historical society - and show the owner the property on the map. Say that you are interested in history and in recovering old artifacts, and that their property could be a prime spot. I never had a problem doing it that way. You show the owner that you appreciate their property. And always, take away the trash and leave the place clean.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions