Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man was said to bury it in a cave that was dressed like an oven with stones surrounding the entrance, and the searcher that came from Canada, DeGauss(sp?) was said to have taken walks by himself down by the river while his team was digging in a mine area

I go fishing in the river there near Bristol, and believe it or not there is a sort of cave along the river's edge, with stones that are dressed around the entrance exactly as the story was told. The high waters completely flood it so getting in can only be made during the low water days in the summer when the river is calm. To think that the 4 or 5 times that I sat there and tried to cast a lure into that cave to see if there were some Trout or Bass there, and low and behold it is actually a place where a trove waits is really driving me to go look now that I read up into this one.

Here's the thing about the cave along the river....there is nothing man made in the vicinity, meaning that it can't be a cover for a well/pump/sewer there, as it would be pumped nowhere, and there isn't any home with a drain into the river, but it looks like a small outlet where a mill would drain water out of from their old wheels into the river from the old days. There are people that use the area for recreation all the time and swim just upstream in a pool with a waterfall there, so I know that people around here would recognize it if I mentioned it, but they don't know the story about the man that returned for it all.

He obviously was the one that heisted it in the beginning, bringing it here to be stashed, and heading to Canada to hide. He had to have taken time to cool off there and returned with a team to dig, as his cover for his retrieval from the cave

Think about it....you stash something that important you are going to remember every rock, tree, and river bend along the way, no matter how lost you are.

The story told was real, but he had conned the rest of the people into working for his mine claim to bring enough gear to stash a load and carry it back into Canada while claiming he was empty handed.

I bet that there is still some remnant of the stash, if not Silver Bar there as well as the containers that were brought with.

Also it is not known where the others were in his party from the Warehouse Heist and it seems to be that he was fleeing alone for a time while in Vermont, so I am thinking he may have killed the others at some point further south along his journey.

I will add some photos of the oven when I go check it out this spring when the waters slow down and the entrance is accessible

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a little park called "Hells Half Acre" is eastern Idaho. I have actually been there.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there seems to be a hell's half Acre in almost every state

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just went today and it is confirmed as being the location in question as described in the many different stories about the way that the rocks were stacked against a cave and with stones that were on each side mentioned

I found the man made vault he made :headbang:

When I filmed a 20 minute video of the place, I crossed the river and the camera fell out of my pocket.....I lost a $400 GoPro Sessions 5 and all of my original files were on it @!!!!!

So I wanted to draw up a pic for everyone so they can go see it for themselves as it is one of the most solid vaults I have ever seen built with stone, and the access is so easy to get to that almost anyone can see it.....great for a local adventure and you park mere feet from the edge of the river....walking no more than about 100 yards.

I will post a map and drawings and some other new info about the cave that I found behind it......

The place has a sort of local use as a swimming and fishing pulloff and is easy found on the map......park here.....

Hells Half Acre Maps.jpg

Hells Half Acre.jpg

The men of the day had so many stones stacked up there and formed a sort of front that appeared to take the shape of a wall against the cave

From the front it appears there are no entrances other than a small opening at the bottom of the wall near the edge of the water

Walk around the two split stones on either side and there is a massive opening set up with a very precarious ceiling made of flat slabs of rock

Around the back of the right side of the cave, there is a massive set of two stones that are leaned against one another

The two stones have a cave entrance that goes back about 7 or 8 feet and on one side there is a rock map of the whole ridge line area

The cave is pretty cool literally and there are numerous sketchy stones that are placed over the top so if you were to start digging you would release the stones on top and cave in the place

Still one of the best looking places I have found in VT

Will update more when I get better photos

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There for sure one in Portland and Seattle.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hells Half Acre Side View.jpg

Now moving around the side into the foliage you see there is a large opening on both sides with a huge set of slabs over the top....you also notice that these are the least supported of any of the stones....looking inside there are cut stones on all sides making it sort of a vault that has a square design.....the walls on both sides going all the way down to the level of the opening in the front at the bottom.

The dirt there is soft and some foliage has eroded into it, with leaves and such strewn about from seasons of it being there.

If I had my detector with me I would scan there for remnants of anything, but digging there is completely illegal as it is in a recreation area, so dont disturb the soil there for that reason, not for the fact that it appears that if you were to try to remove the stones to look behind them there would be a good chance the whole thing would concave into the opening on top of you, and the front wall is clearly slanted into that rear chamber with the slabs set with a couple of inches of overlay on the wall above you some feet.....

A rumored store of Gold and Silver from a heist in an "Oven" shaped vault, and a trap set there.....but the cave opening behind THAT is even more compelling and appeared to be also man made from the placement of two large rocks with a gap in them at the bottom near the back of the wall

The obvious intention would be that you hit "paydirt" in the oven and begin to dig, bringing the whole thing down on yourself in the excitement and passing next to the cave entrance with the map he left of the mine they made....if it was that important they would leave a map for others to find the mine and to look there.....the next step.

The cave opening is about 2 feet high and has a chamber inside that you can pass through squatting.....I spent a good 20 minutes there studying it's construction and the possible collapse of the cave if dug there, and it seems that is the same concept that was used if you were to pull away the rocks at the back of the cave, so whatever you do don't even try to use them to hold onto when moving around back there.

At the back of the cave there is a small slab to the left and a seemingly symbiotic design that matched the layout of the ridges and the river that weaves down the valley.

There is a large chip at the corner of the bottom of the ridge and this one is shaped like a heart, with the rest of the stone free from other markings, except a small crack made as if a path to a V shaped cut in the stone slab, presumably the path to the mine where he was working with his crew.

Hells Half Acre Cave Map.jpg

The story that was posted by Jeff of PA was stating that nowhere has silver has been found in Vermont but that is not really the truth....the truth is that the whole Green Mountain range is made up of deposits of it.....some of the richest in the world...there is a Spanish history of mining Silver here a century old, and they even coined their Coronation Sword with the words Tanto Montana on it, meaning "So Much Mountain"....the sample below is an ingot of quartz infused layers of bulbous metals that appear to be the same malleable texture and density as Silver

0925151532.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I just got done filming a skype call with the Green Mountain Metal Detecting Crew and they are psyched to go film there and check out the oven.

The good times have just begun in Vermont and a ton of other info is going to be published about their work in Chaos Canyon.....I have been working some mojo and the golden idol is finally speaking to me.....lol

There was something that needs to be seen at each location and a thorough scan is going to be taken of the areas as soon as the weather gets better. I have tracked down the location of the Chaos Canyon openings of the mines and additional stone maps carved showing the terrain and the path to at least two of them....maybe three. You can see the opening of one clearly on the new 2020 Google Earth pics

Here is the map of the Spanish Mines there with the huge Bull with Horns carved into the face below marking their territory.

Chaos canyon mines mountain side map Closeup.jpg

Here is one of the openings from above with some of the trail leading up to it....the road that they cleared off can be seen above it, so they could haul their stores to the base. It zigzags across the face of the slide and makes the shape and outline of a large shark or Tiburon.....

Chaos canyon mines.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's the unpublished Interview.....hope it's something interesting to wait for seeing their effort to travel there and film some more info.....this will be included in the final episode where they travel to the oven and take the final hike to the mines.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread