✅ SOLVED Help ID Ring

Yookdew

Apr 19, 2022
Today I was metal detecting an area where there had been a large rowing regatta over the weekend. I found a college ring and I am trying to confirm the maker of the ring and what type of metal it is made out of.

I have located what appears to be the exact same ring on the Jostens website. The ring I found is not marked with "Jostens" so I'm not sure if that is the maker or not. Link to the Jostens ring: https://www.jostens.com/apps/store/p...0301/#design/0

Also, there are no marks to identify the metal. It appears to be yellow gold and rang up with a VDI of 62 on my AT Pro. I have attached photos of the face of the ring and the markings inside the ring.

Thanks for any help!

Attachments

• Ring Face.jpg
    Ring Face.jpg
    763.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Ring Markings.jpg
    Ring Markings.jpg
    753.1 KB · Views: 40

Dougie Webb

Jun 14, 2019
Stone Mountain, Georgia
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
Garrett Ace 200
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
^^ Per @duggap , the motto of Davidson College in NC. I'd say SOLVED~

Upvote 1

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet.

Nice ring.

Jostens didn’t mark all of their rings with their name in full. They also used a “J in Diamond” mark, although it’s usually a cursive script letter. Nevertheless, I don’t doubt it to be from Jostens. The 'c' is just a copyright mark.

The “YE” mark stands for “Yellow Elite”, now trademarked by Jostens as “Solaris Elite”, which is a proprietary alloy containing silver, gold and other metals to maximise its hardness and scratch-resistance while still having a gold colour. It’s not carat (K) marked because it falls below the minimum 10K standard to be called “gold” in the US but should be 6K (25% gold).

Upvote 2
OP
OP
Y

Yookdew

Apr 19, 2022
Welcome to Tnet.

Nice ring.

Jostens didn’t mark all of their rings with their name in full. They also used a “J in Diamond” mark, although it’s usually a cursive script letter. Nevertheless, I don’t doubt it to be from Jostens. The 'c' is just a copyright mark.

The “YE” mark stands for “Yellow Elite”, now trademarked by Jostens as “Solaris Elite”, which is a proprietary alloy containing silver, gold and other metals to maximise its hardness and scratch-resistance while still having a gold colour. It’s not carat (K) marked because it falls below the minimum 10K standard to be called “gold” in the US but should be 6K (25% gold).
That answers all my questions. Thanks Red-Coat!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions