Help Identify! I found this button at an old Jacksonian site. Palm tree with snakes

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This button I found about a week ago with my Fisher 1266x. It has a palm tree with a snake at the bottom or snakes, no back mark. The size of a nickel. PLEASE HELP!!!
Palm Tree Button.jpg

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't see it in Tice's book. Keep it for sure. Knowing what other kinds of items were found with it may help date it.

Upvote 0

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NexGen,the reason we ask all these questions is we need info to ID.The size is important,as is where found and if any other items were found in the same vicinity.A coin such as dime next to your button can give a size comparison.A measurement with a good ruler is better.A better focused picture would greatly help.Help us out here.

Upvote 1

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, It is an extremely cool button. I know someone who might know, I'll do a screen shot and send him a pic and see if he knows.

Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
NexGen,the reason we ask all these questions is we need info to ID.The size is important,as is where found and if any other items were found in the same vicinity.A coin such as dime next to your button can give a size comparison.A measurement with a good ruler is better.A better focused picture would greatly help.Help us out here.
The OP stated this: The size of a nickel. PLEASE HELP!!! :laughing7: (Just in case you missed that)

Upvote 1

Retired Sarge

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2009
Panama City Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In one aspect it looks like a South Carolina State button, but the more I look, the more confusing it is. I can't find an example of one that the branches extend that far down.

So I'm at a loss.......Which isn't all that uncommon!

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread