Help Identifying Hall Mark

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
This is from a sterling silver ring with turquoise stone. Can't seem to find the hallmark online.

sterling ring.jpg

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The circled c can mean several things depending on the age of the particular ring. If it's from the 1950s and up, the circled c most likely indicates that it's a copyrighted item. If it's even older than that, it could be the trademark of the producer. The other symbol looks geometric, looks like a check mark inside it and could be a custom design, the assay center's symbol, the jewelers I.D. mark or the year symbol that the maker chose, lots of things it could be. Some jewelers didn't last long in the business which makes it more difficult to figure out.
When I have more time I will keep looking. There are a few places online you can email the pic to that may be able to positively identify the symbols.
Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Worm

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
The circled c can mean several things depending on the age of the particular ring. If it's from the 1950s and up, the circled c most likely indicates that it's a copyrighted item. If it's even older than that, it could be the trademark of the producer. The other symbol looks geometric, looks like a check mark inside it and could be a custom design, the assay center's symbol, the jewelers I.D. mark or the year symbol that the maker chose, lots of things it could be. Some jewelers didn't last long in the business which makes it more difficult to figure out.
When I have more time I will keep looking. There are a few places online you can email the pic to that may be able to positively identify the symbols.
Jon 8-) :cat::occasion14: :headbang:

Thanks for helping!!!

Upvote 0

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Silver Worm

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread