Help identifying if Louis Vuitton is real

Deadaman

Jul 25, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello! I’ve recently come across this Louis Vuitton item,and I need some help in seeing if it is a real Louis Vuitton.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564683601.651568.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564683640.150896.jpg

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1564683652.684422.jpg

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No expert here.... but I would have expected the pattern to be more centred.....or possibly line up / correspond to the lower pattern. The quality and type of thread and stitching is often an indication - along with the smell. Good luck!

Chub

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the bottom pic it looks like a loose or carelessly ended stitch / piece of cotton? I wouldnt think a new (real) LV would not leave the factory like that.

chub

Last edited:

Buzz in California

Apr 22, 2019
Yuba City California
Detector(s) used
GPZ7000
EQUINOX800
MOSSBERG 12 GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No expert here.... but I would have expected the pattern to be more centred.....or possibly line up / correspond to the lower pattern. The quality and type of thread and stitching is often an indication - along with the smell. Good luck!

Chub

The wallet did not come from the factory, Deadaman came across the wallet in some other manner, so if stitches are loose it’s unknown how the wallet was handled by the previous owner.

I can’t see the photo very well, the stitching should be uniform, straight and all the same length, you will have to examine the stitching yourself and decide if the stitches are at different angles and fuzzy looking,the knock off stitching is almost impossible to copy.

As for the pattern and embossing that looks good, but then again the latest knock offs are very difficult to spot from the authentic LV products especially in a photo

Last edited:

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Absolute fake. LV would never produce a wallet with the signature logo as depicted in the first picture.
Sorry.
dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread