Help locating spots to look and exactly what prospecting equipment to use

Skylimit21

Jun 30, 2016
Dahlonega, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Detectors
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello my name is Matt 2 months ago I recently bought three acres with a stream coming out of my property creating a sincerely strong flowing stream. The location of the property is about 10 miles west of Dahlonega GA. There are lots of small streams/creeks in the area. My property specifically is located on the top of a small plateau on a mountain they call little mountain (more like a big hill) I've been told by everyone that lives around the area including the seller who I bought the property from that there is gold 100% because he found gold several times jusy casually. There are multiple 90 degree Bend's in the creek to where gold would be most likely to be found. I'm going to submit some photos of the creek. And almost exactly where the location is in regards to Dahlonega in the north Georgia map

What I'm asking is the next step in extracting the gold. I have a basic sluce and good pan. I know a dredge connected to a sluice would be ideal
?what type of gold am I likely to come across
?what is the best way to extract it with equipment recommendations
?if you happen to be an expert in prospecting and live near by we could work something out in exchange for help with extraction.

*PS I know the property marking is pretty sad and the red is the outline of the creek I'm not currently at my house so I'll have to get more information and upload some more photos within 6 hours

Screenshot_20210516-075416_Maps-picsay.jpg

I was pretty active in gemology several years ago, but gold panning/mining is a whole different field.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

tllynn

Greenie
Apr 7, 2014
Wimauma, Fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mat,
How's your gold search going? I'm new to panning but have done a lot of practice and research of north georgia and was in your area a few weeks ago, did my first panning, got 3 colors. Brought about 20 gallons of dirt home from 3 other locations, panned all out and nothing. I plan to go again in a few weeks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread