pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You're correct, but see my re-post #15 above and note paragraph 2.
I was doing something and the posts crossed. I saw your explanation after I posted up.
To some it's a case of loyal servant and others it's a case of pareidolia. :dontknow:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you heard of the loyal servant?
I have no idea of who the loyal servant is. I do know that you have referenced the author of a treasure hunting book in which the reference is made, but I haven't heard of the book or the author. I've got a couple pals in Utah, maybe they have.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So you don't believe what cowboy bart jeppesen teaches?
Sorry I haven't fallen down that rabbit hole either.(rabbit hole reference is being used in this instance as it would take a huge amount of time to read/study the narrative of the quoted)
Actually it would be the first time I have heard of this cowboy bart jeppesen.

So thank you for referencing the author of these books.
Not that I will seek out to read them as time is limited on this side of the green grass and I have not the energy to chase the these types of treasures.

Not saying they don't exist, as many believe they do from the early onset of any reference written or told by another elder as on the preface of his book page 17 has a lot of truth to it.

"
Screen Shot 2022-12-26 at 9.53.56 AM.png
"
Gold fever/treasure fever/buck fever.....
All has a common denominator, that is, " the over whelming passion", for what ever the hunter is seeking.
Where the mind is saturated with no other sense of reality really, to the hunter there isn't any else.

I have met a few in my life, men that true believe, driven, almost talk in tongues one could say.
Were these folks just hanging on to a thread of reality, fragile, to the point of total insanity?
One doesn't really know if the passion drove them there, or they are of a walk of folks that can see/have knowledge that most can't relate to or accept.
Most of the Academia would label them as clinical.

But I do ask how many have actually produced a treasure of any sorts that they have spent their life in chasing/seeking?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
View attachment 2061197
... Were these folks just hanging on to a thread of reality, fragile, to the point of total insanity? One doesn't really know if the passion drove them there, or they are of a walk of folks that can see/have knowledge that most can't relate to or accept. ....
It depends on what their passions were and how they got involved with them. A lot of great artists fit this bill, but they see reality differently than most other humans and are always desperate to show others their visions. They can definitely go insane. For that matter, I have friends who are obsessed with golf and are passionate with the idea of one day shooting par. Beats watching TV and provides fresh air and exercise. These guys seldom go nuts.

Re treasure hunters, I have a litmus test to consider: where do reports of the treasure come from? If stories of an alleged treasure came from books, magazines, online sites, barroom chatter, etc., a seeker must face the almost certain fact that, if the loot exists, he has little or no chance of finding it no matter how hard he works. There's that risk of delusional behavior lurking for these seekers.

On the other hand, many treasures that actually existed, and were located, were revealed as proprietary valid information discovered by a fortunate twist of fate. With enough private and reliable information, and diligence, a searcher in this situation is justified in investing in an intense focus until which time the cache has been found or the realization has been accepted that it's time to walk away.

Sangre De Cristo

Nov 5, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The right side extension of the face is pointed and is possibly saying go right also there looks to be a small upside down 7 on this extension. Maybe compass degrees involved.

Reis

Dec 18, 2022
there is a grave and it shows its place

Attachments

• 20221026_180453.jpg
    20221026_180453.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 23

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread