Help to locate gold needed.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The marked spot is whee they been planting potatoes for many years. Also, from my knowledge, there is a ploughing done every year, and that goes in around 30cm deep. Or maybe even more. So my guess is if there is some kind of treasure there, it would have to be much deeper. I will let you know once I get photos.

Cheers.

See, now you are using and implementing your own mental consideration which you can already see is much more reliable then someone, who's never been to the spot and doesn't know it's history, putting a random dot on a picture and saying "try here". As you've already mentally considered, you likely won't find any treasure at his circled spot. It never hurts though to metal detect the fields for random drops and you never know, you may just randomly stumble upon a big cache, they seem to quite frequently in Europe!

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arera I got was along the right side and along the lower right corner.

Sounds like someone did some "midnight gardening", gardens are a ripe cache location, ujsually in view of the bedroom window. Maybe try to get access to a deeper metal detector.

Another great example of a "mental consideration", taking human tendencies and the geography and line of site to lay out search areas that have higher probability. Now, some will say it was psychic if something was turned up, but science says it was really about using the facts and human tendencies to narrow down your search areas to more probable locations that someone may have buried something.

Last edited:

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mentioned the area had been plowed. When I first looked at the photo I saw an area along the east and south sides of that structure in the center (with the "v"). Possibly it was scattered. It was near that structure, like within ten feet away or so.

OP
OP

Greenie
Aug 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are all great points too, especially the quickly evacuating. Think of the Sioux Uprising in Minnesota when the settlers of the Minnesota River Valley got word of the Sioux uprising sweeping down the valley killing settlers (150 were killed), some of them may have quickly buried their loot (many were dirt poor, but some may have had some), so rather then risk carrying it and getting caught with it on their persons, they may have quickly buried it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_War_of_1862

As far as my methods, they are what i would call a "mental consideration". Take what is known of the facts, landscape, history and credibility of the story and make a mental consideration if a treasure may be lying there. Then there is no replacement for boots on the ground and a good metal detector.

Any advice you ask? The biggest piece of advice is one we all know, research and boots on the ground. As Treasure Hunters, one thing we all know is great research pays off, separating the facts from he legends so we aren't wasting our time stuck in fantasy land, while entertaining, it's a time suck when you could be out in the field. If you actually look at the history of found treasures, most of them were actually stumbled upon and no one had any clue they were there, so you need to be out in the field putting in the work.

Another thing, we all know this, often an image on google earth looks WAY different when you are on the ground actually at the spot!

Thanks for your advice! I also agree that Google earth sometimes look completely different to reality..

I now see what you mean by saying "mental consideration" ... But to me it sounds like the most logic way to analyse a situation while looking for a treasure.. I always thought that you must have some sort of 6th sense when doing remote dowsing..

Cheers

OP
OP

Greenie
Aug 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The arera I got was along the right side and along the lower right corner.

Sounds like someone did some "midnight gardening", gardens are a ripe cache location, ujsually in view of the bedroom window. Maybe try to get access to a deeper metal detector.

Currently trying to get hold of a better metal detector to see if its worth digging through all those flowers :)

Yes, I would say you was spot on about the location as you mentioned a letter V where the building stands!

OP
OP

Greenie
Aug 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You mentioned the area had been plowed. When I first looked at the photo I saw an area along the east and south sides of that structure in the center (with the "v"). Possibly it was scattered. It was near that structure, like within ten feet away or so.

Just to clarify, are you talking about a different area that you haven't mentioned in a previous messages? I have attached photo and marked a field thats been plowed.

Cheers

Marked.png

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same area--along the east wall and south wall of the "V" building.

OP
OP

Greenie
Aug 15, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same area--along the east wall and south wall of the "V" building.

Ok, I see what you mean.

Im half way through "Supersensonics"and all I can say is WOW!! What a great read that is!!

Do you know where to locate some other books of Chris Hills? I tried to get hold of a paper version ones on eBay/amazon but prices are way too high! So I guess Pdf would be the only option left. Nuclear evolution is the one that interests me a lot.

Cheers

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I htink they still have some books. Hills's son and wife might still be there.

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You waste your time hunting for the posts, I'm not gonna, random drops or buried, its don't matter, a dowsing find is a find. You stating the dowsers methods here are ineffective, and I'm here to say there not and gonna stick up for those who bring their methods here. That's great yours are 100%,
Leave it at that. If the mod's don't like what I have to say they can delete it.
Jon

Hey Jon, if you post a genuine dig of a treasure that was marked by a dowser with plenty pictures, names, places etc. some folks would argue that it was fake till they turn blue in the face. I DID post one such of my own but got shot down.
No need to even try to please the nay sayers.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Jon, if you post a genuine dig of a treasure that was marked by a dowser with plenty pictures, names, places etc. some folks would argue that it was fake till they turn blue in the face. I DID post one such of my own but got shot down.
No need to even try to please the nay sayers.

You discovered and documented a treasure you found via dowsing? Do you have a link to it? Believe it or not, most "naysayers" are open to changing their view's if presented with credible evidence.

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A gold target:
..target is the red dot
..its a treasure
..if you need help walk and take pictures then publish here to center the target
Good hit weregolf.

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Um, no, random drops are just that, random. When you put a small circle on a small online photo and say, "look here i sense something", they are literally searching areas that cover multiple square feet, yards and even acres depending how far up the google earth is taken from, so yeah they'll find random drops, with or without dowsing.

I specifically parsed out my request for links to threads where buried treasure was located via picture/map dowsing excluding random drops and you indicated there were many, and you are still indicating there are many by your reply, but that you're not going to "waste" your time looking for them. Surely someone on here having a photo/map dowsed and then digging up significant treasure would always remain forefront in a dowsers mind and easy to find, the fact you can't point one out makes me lean even more upon my assertion, there are no threads on here where map/photo dowsing led to buried treasure aside from random drops.

And i too will continue to mental dowse them and if i get a hit, i'll let them know, otherwise, i'm going to continue to be a straight shooter and let them know whatever methods some are using on here, they are completely ineffective and the receipts back that up.
Go over to Twitter,you'll have better Luck.......I don't believe anybody,that quotes Scripture.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
I'm not a map dowser but from all that I've read about old timer's ,famer's and their wives ,wagon train people , usually buried their valuables somewhere that they could keep a eye on it, and NOT deep(easily accessible , I.E. post hole safe's close to the lady's gardening or laundry line. the men used a corner of their barn or close to where they normally are working , so they also could keep a eye on it and nobody would be able to see them access it ! A friend of mine claims to be a map dowser or a gifted person ( ? ) and was asked to help find their Great grand Father's hidden stash........... He thought about it and asked "where their Grand Father spent most of his time?" He sat at the Grand Father's chair in front of his desk for sometime and (for some reason) he looked up into the building rafter's and saw something out of place and low and behold it was a cigar bow with the Grandpa's loot ! Anyway this is what was told to me from my friend ! True or not , it was a good story ! Just to make a point, I lose stuff all the time ! That's why I have multiple duplicate tools in my tool box :dontknow:

Reactions: 585

weregolf

Jun 14, 2016
Mexico
Detector(s) used
Gemini III, Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, Fisher F2, Deepers 6, OKM rover C
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
585 You have any news?
Some pics from the area i marked

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread