HELP WANTED NEAR HILLSBORO N. M.GOLD FIELDS

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HELP WANTED NEAR HILLSBORO N. M.GOLD FIELD'S

I am Bill from LOUISIANA I will be out there around last part of sep. or first part of oct. looking for gold near hillsboro n. m. i'm looking for someone to help me as i am 71 year's old and work slow i have a vacuum and a dry washer i will split the dirt 50/50 with someone th help dig and vacuum and we can run it through the dry washer i will be looking in the copper flat area unless you know a better place like somewhere in the caballo mts. or T OR C any where in that area . anyone interested?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Bill, I am green and just take a sample from time to time to pan ay home in the back yard. Homefire may be of help, at least on location. I am usually available but dont move so fast anymore. Let me know if you get some help or not. Good Luck.

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's sound like you work at my speed what area you live in?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank's sound like you work at my speed what area you live in?
Im in Las cruces, down by El Paso. I mostly just chase the old spanish trails. Went out today and had a good day. Cant post any of it though, it really was that good. I have found old newspaper post that describe some gold and silver that was found here. Im not sure if you can legally work it. I take pictures. Im pretty sure Im legal. Just look at my threads I started and you can get a sense of what I do. Im chasing a green vein of ore, and crystals on another spot. Its slim pickens, but up north, in Caballo is a good if its allowed. Again, Hillboro has it too, but I am not familiar with the area. I do know a search of claim owners via the BLM is a must. The nights here are great right now, but the days are a bear. I got lucky it rained on me and I had cloud cover most of the morning today.

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a 80 acre claim in the hillsboro area i can hunt on for $1.00 per day found a little gold last time i was there back in may 2013.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a 80 acre claim in the hillsboro area i can hunt on for $1.00 per day found a little gold last time i was there back in may 2013.

How does that work, I would to just go to say I did. TY for posting.

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sent you a private message did you get it/

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes I did, I may check in with him soon. This area needs some help when it comes to prospecting and detecting equipment. I do more detecting than anything, but love working those pans.

Feb 8, 2008
ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT-Fisher 2 box & others
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bill,
The last time I worked that area, I didn't get much gold. Turned out that the gold is reaaaaaaaly fine. I think it could pay if a fellow had an electro- static type machine to trap the fine stuff. I've seen machines that can trap fine gold dust. You have to have one or you will loose it. It also helps if you multi-sift it down to the super fine screen size before you begin to work it! I bagged up some bottom dirt and brought it home - the gold is there, but super fine is much more abundant than the flakes. Also, you got to dig down to that bed-rock! The old timers there did not even try to capture that fine stuff! It's there! I might be able to get out there in the fall....when it's cooler!
Bruce

nmhunter

Apr 27, 2013
Truth or consequences New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Bill and Casca,

Copperflats is almost entirely claimed by the Copper Flats Mining Project and the Ladder Ranch (Ted Turner). Even the old Private land has now been purchased. I still like to get out every chance I can and would love the company. Bruce is right on as far as the gold being super fine though, run the riffle try flat and the blower fairly low to avoid blowing out your gold.

send a PM if interested

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHAT IS A ELECTRO --STSTIC TYPE RECOVER SYSTEM AND WHO MAKE'S THEM?? THANK'S

Kingclean

May 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I am thrilled to see some interest in the sierra county area. This is my stomping grounds, I've lived here off and on my whole life. I've been prospecting in Hillsboro and caballo since August of last year. At first I was lucky to get fines but usually went home skunked. After months of research and groundwork I've found some great spots. My last dig I got a quarter ounce in less than a week. Not super I guess but plenty to keep me coming back. If anyone wants to meet up, I'd love to meet some fellow prospectors and exchange stories and knowledge. This last storm has really put stuff on hold, it's not even possible to get to the caballos unless you have a bulldozer right now. There are a couple washouts across the road that would swallow a truck. I talked to the county and they're supposed to grade the road next week. There is plenty of ground to get on in Hillsboro or caballo. You can go just about anywhere in the copper flats area with no problem as long as you stay out of the actual copper mine. I've stopped at the office and asked on several occasions and they have no problem with people working greenhorn, Dutch gulch and the hills on the front of animas peak. I am out every day so give me a shout if anyone wants to meet up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions