HELP!!!!! What is this, mystery of the year!!

I just dont know

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old post I know, but only just saw it.

I would be pretty sure that's a concretionary mass of mixed iron minerals exhibiting what is known as 'Liesegang' banding. They usually form when iron-rich groundwater percolates through sedimentary rock, especially sandstone, and the features are subsequently exaggerated by differential erosion. They only have attraction to a magnet if magnetite is one of the oxides. More often the minerals are mixtures of non-magnetic oxides such as hematite and limonite or other non-magnetic iron minerals such as siderite.

This kind of thing:

Liesegang.jpg

claire

Nov 24, 2008
long island ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm V, MX 5, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A slab of skin from Maxine Waters?

I have no idea, but sure is an interesting specimen. Is there a University nearby that has a geology department? If so, maybe they could help.
If we want to go down that route, I think it looks more like Rudy Giuliani’s hair dyed, alcohol soaked brain

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe something to stamp out the soles of boots or shoes

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me also welcome you to Treasure net. Have you got any more info on the item ?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You,re thinking of Nancy Pelosi. If you want to go down that route.
Creskol,s comment about Waters was an obvious stab at humour.Claires post was a blatently political post.As was mine in rejoinder.Sorry about that,but couldn,t let that stand.If you wish to get political,pony up the 20.00 and have at it.In the political forum.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Creskol,s comment about Waters was an obvious stab at humour.Claires post was a blatently political post.As was mine in rejoinder.Sorry about that,but couldn,t let that stand.If you wish to get political,pony up the 20.00 and have at it.In the political forum.
Say what?

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say what?
You made a comment that it looked like a slab of skin from Maxine Waters.Obviously a comment for a laugh.Claire replied that if you wanted to go down that road,it looked like Rudi Juliani,s dyed and alcohol soaked brain with no other context.Obviously a politically themed comment.I replied if you do want to go down that road,she/he had it wrong,she/he had to be referring to Nancy Pelosi,s brain. Another politically themed post in answer to Claire. Not the first time she/he has done that.My only reason in referring to your post was to give mine context.Not fair for Claire to post like that and not have the opportunity to return the favor,thus my suggestion she/he pony up the 20.00 and post in the political forum.Understood or more confused?

mdc002

Jun 25, 2022
West Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could it be a melted alloy from a fire? It looks like it was liquid at one point, maybe hard bullet lead? Or an alien skull fragment? I dunno
I like the alien theory! :headbang:

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made these posts Nov 2018 Never replied

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Made these posts Nov 2018 Never replied
Slash in the pan type post.
We seem to see a lot of them
They post-never reply-never seen again

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KInd of makes you feel UNWANTED but there are others it may have helped so all is OK !! :)

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like these items are petrified so that takes it back past our current politician's body parts. This means that we probably have many ancestors today that have passed on those features to our current crop of DC elected employees and way off in the future our survivors will have a topic to discuss as we are doing now.:angel12:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread