πŸ”Ž UNIDENTIFIED Help with a DR beach find

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Gold Pan, Sluice, Hand Dredge, X-Terra 30, X-Terra 705, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of, having hunted plenty of "beaches" in Colorado, I thought I was ready for the real deal, but good god, hunting in the surf is a hell of an experience!! I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions, cause I found "the trough", but was shoulder deep in water fighting waves, and it took me 5-10 minutes to retrieve each good signal I'd find.

Anyways, I found this, and I know what I WANT it to be, but I don't have any access to any of the tools or supplies I would normally use to try and figure out what it is (and won't until the 21st), so I'm turning to some experts for second opinions. Found in the surf, and assuming it was a chunk of aluminium I tried to "break" it, and it folded (you can see the crease about 1/3 of the way down)... Canadian dime shown for scale

Attachments

• KIMG0562.JPG
    KIMG0562.JPG
    300.5 KB · Views: 72
  • KIMG0563.JPG
    KIMG0563.JPG
    294.6 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was my first though, as I find tons of that at home, mostly melted aluminum cans around campfires, but they all break rather than fold. Wish I had my stuff at home, cause my brain thinks it feels heavier than aluminum would, but I also know my brain doesn't want it to be aluminum, lol

Upvote 1

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep, I've got that and 12 pesos so far. Granted I am on my honeymoon, so metal detecting hasn't been my primary focus... Lol
Congrats on recently getting married, at least your bride is understanding of your obsession for detecting... I mean 'your hobby'. :laughing7:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
AugustMoose87

AugustMoose87

Sep 10, 2014
Longmont, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on recently getting married, at least your bride is understanding of your obsession for detecting... I mean 'your hobby'. :laughing7:
Lol, Yea, there were some tense discussions when I first brought up that there was no freaking way I was going on my first international trip... To a swank resort... In the freaking Caribbean with out my gear, but she's pretty understanding, and it helps that she like to go with me sometimes. Plus, I've learned the pattern - bring it up and she gets mad, give her a week and we talk some more about it, and within a month she's on board. She's really been awesome that even when I've been refraining, she says "go get it, who knows what we're walking right over!!"

Upvote 1

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other
No clue. However, every time I need a saltwater enema, I go beach hunting. Have fun and happy hunting

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread