🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Help with ID

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Made of brass and it would be about three inches in length if not bent up.
The removable tip has inside threads.

Attachments

• 017a.jpg
    017a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 019b.jpg
    019b.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 54
Solution
vintage pocket bullet pencil. the shorter part held a pencil with the longer part acting as a protective case. To use, you pulled the shorter part out and inserted the rounded end in the case to create a pencil long enough to hold and write with. Likely had a celluloid advertisement for a business that was wrapped around the longer part at one time.
Thanks, you may be right, however I am wondering why there were no remnants of a pencil inside the tube.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve seen one of those but I can,t recall where or what it was. Could it be something similar to a lipstick tube? just a guess mind you.

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vintage pocket bullet pencil. the shorter part held a pencil with the longer part acting as a protective case. To use, you pulled the shorter part out and inserted the rounded end in the case to create a pencil long enough to hold and write with. Likely had a celluloid advertisement for a business that was wrapped around the longer part at one time.

Upvote 2
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Thanks, you may be right, however I am wondering why there were no remnants of a pencil inside the tube.

Upvote 1
Solution

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread