Attachments

• 017a.jpg
    017a.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 113
  • 019b.jpg
    019b.jpg
    614.7 KB · Views: 63
Solution
vintage pocket bullet pencil. the shorter part held a pencil with the longer part acting as a protective case. To use, you pulled the shorter part out and inserted the rounded end in the case to create a pencil long enough to hold and write with. Likely had a celluloid advertisement for a business that was wrapped around the longer part at one time.
Thanks, you may be right, however I am wondering why there were no remnants of a pencil inside the tube.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,ve seen one of those but I can,t recall where or what it was. Could it be something similar to a lipstick tube? just a guess mind you.

Upvote 0

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vintage pocket bullet pencil. the shorter part held a pencil with the longer part acting as a protective case. To use, you pulled the shorter part out and inserted the rounded end in the case to create a pencil long enough to hold and write with. Likely had a celluloid advertisement for a business that was wrapped around the longer part at one time.

Upvote 2
OP
OP
11KBP

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Thanks, you may be right, however I am wondering why there were no remnants of a pencil inside the tube.

Upvote 1
Solution

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread