Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2019
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hoping someone could provide some additional information on this button. I found it yesterday in upstate New York. It has no backmark, missing the shank, but the front reads "LONG LIVE THE PRESIDENT" and is encircled with a wreath. It measures approximately 20 mm in diameter and the letters and wreath appear to be raised and not inscribed. A quick Internet search shows that it may be a George Washington: "Laurel Wreath" Inaugural Button. However, I realize that with buttons there can be a lot of varieties and manufacturers of the same type. Sorry not the best pic, but I hope to take better ones tonight.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• 20221006_073523.jpg
    20221006_073523.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
Upvote 29

Florida Finder

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2020
Southern States of America
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hoping someone could provide some additional information on this button. I found it yesterday in upstate New York. It has no backmark, missing the shank, but the front reads "LONG LIVE THE PRESIDENT" and is encircled with a wreath. It measures approximately 20 mm in diameter and the letters and wreath appear to be raised and not inscribed. A quick Internet search shows that it may be a George Washington: "Laurel Wreath" Inaugural Button. However, I realize that with buttons there can be a lot of varieties and manufacturers of the same type. Sorry not the best pic, but I hope to take better ones tonight.

Thanks for looking!
Looks genuine to Me. Show us the back if you get a chance. Congratulations on a great find

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Surely looks like the real deal- it's a banner find at the very least if it is- Congrats & GL!

JohnnyMac

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2012
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Nox,,Whites Eagle Spectrum,Whites Coinmaster 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Thanks for looking!
Looks good to me. How about some more pictures so i can be more jealous. Congraats.

Sandog

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2017
Treasure coast
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for looking!
That is a really nice piece. Assigned to any particular president?

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks for looking!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

OP
OP
mastroj187

mastroj187

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2019
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• 20221006_224525.jpg
    20221006_224525.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20221006_224511.jpg
    20221006_224511.jpg
    820.1 KB · Views: 38

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
OP
OP
mastroj187

mastroj187

Tenderfoot
Sep 23, 2019
Binghamton, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve dug two of that variety, and yes it’s a GWI. Fantastic find.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your awesome find!

lenmac65

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2009
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Equinox 800 (as of 10/2019)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a nice piece of history. Congrats on the great find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread