SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I'm old but I can't figure this out. When I post a comment to an existing thread, my post never appears and the entire Thread disappears until somebody else posts after me. I realize that the Mods need to look at all posts and approve them, but I see threads that were created minutes before and minutes after mine. I usually click on "What's new" and click on "New posts". The only way I can see what I've posted is to click on my avatar and click on "Your content". What's up?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know I'm old but I can't figure this out. When I post a comment to an existing thread, my post never appears and the entire Thread disappears until somebody else posts after me. I realize that the Mods need to look at all posts and approve them, but I see threads that were created minutes before and minutes after mine. I usually click on "What's new" and click on "New posts". The only way I can see what I've posted is to click on my avatar and click on "Your content". What's up?
On phone or desk top?

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things act wacky for me when I use the phone. But then I figured just because I am old and do not care to learn all the bells and whistles on stuff anymore.

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Using my laptop only

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think the Mods look at a posting till after it is posted . Someone please correct me if i am wrong

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do not think the Mods look at a posting till after it is posted . Someone please correct me if i am wrong
correct I am sure, but if you are having problems posting they might be able to help. Gare, you likely can sort it. You been here forever.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
correct I am sure, but if you are having problems posting they might be able to help. Gare, you likely can sort it. You been here forever.
I meant that as a compliment, Gare. You seem to have a lot of knowledge and are helpful.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mods do not need to see or approve posts for them to appear so something else is going on.

Can you please give me more info to see if I can help you?

When did the problem first appear, has it been this way since new software went online or just recently start?

Are you hitting the reply icon or the quote icon to post on existing threads?

Have you rebooted your PC, do you stay logged in, if so have you tried logging out and back in?

Are you using old shortcuts to access TreasureNet or did you update the old shortcuts with new shortcuts sing new software was installed? Old shortcuts can cause problems.

Last if nothing else works have you tried clearing cookies?

Let me know

OP
OP
SD51

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure_Hunter! I removed my old shortcut and created a new one. When I opened Treasurenet.com, I see my thread for this issue, but if I click on "What's new" and click on "New posts", my thread is gone. If I click on "Home" my thread appears.

When I reply to a thread, I always click on "Post reply".

Today at 7:02 A.M. I replyed to a thread titled, "Fill in Holes" . I don't see that thread either. This has been happening ever since the updated format. I will reboot and see if that changes anything.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Treasure_Hunter! I removed my old shortcut and created a new one. When I opened Treasurenet.com, I see my thread for this issue, but if I click on "What's new" and click on "New posts", my thread is gone. If I click on "Home" my thread appears.

When I reply to a thread, I always click on "Post reply".

Today at 7:02 A.M. I replyed to a thread titled, "Fill in Holes" . I don't see that thread either. This has been happening ever since the updated format. I will reboot and see if that changes anything.
That is because when you click on "What's New", your post is not new to you. "What's New" are posts you have not read, if you write a post then you have already seen it. Your latest post will never show up under new posts, the thread should still appear.

Under "What's New" is a drop-down menu, you can see multiple choices including new posts and new threads. If you are clicking on "New Posts" under what's new" your post will not appear there. If you just click on "what's new" and not the drop-down menu you will see the thread but the "O" will not be colored unless someone else has replied since your post is not new to you.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope that helps, and if it makes you feel better you are by no means the first member to not understand that process.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so glad we have Treasure_Hunter as a mod on here. I think The owners of Treasurenet need to DOUBLE Treasurea_Hunters SALARY :) LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread