Horseshoe77

Tenderfoot
Jan 9, 2021
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a damaged gold ring in a farm field that held a mule training site in the late 1930s. I'd appreciate any help I can get identifying the markings on the ring. It has LHM stamped two times on the ring, as well as 14K. The ring shows signs of corrosion, so the ring obviously is not solid 14K. The gold that remains on the ring is pretty good, so I would guess it was a copper or brass base metal that was heavily plated with gold. If anyone has an idea what the LHM stamping indicates, I'd appreciate the help. Picture is attached.

Attachments

• Ring.jpg
    Ring.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 62
Solution
Looks plated & the LHM is likely the maker. If your lucky they made solid gold items & stamped them with the same stamp, so might be able to track them down.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Horseshoe77! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from HELP! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 2

ajaj

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2012
Orange, Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Minelab eTrac
Minelab Excalibur 8"
Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can’t help with the Hallmark, but that button is more than likely 14 K. People forget that, especially 10 K and 14 K, gold rings do corrode; especially in farmers fields. The alloys associated with the ring can leach out. I’ve seen this many many times.

Upvote 2

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks plated & the LHM is likely the maker. If your lucky they made solid gold items & stamped them with the same stamp, so might be able to track them down.

Upvote 2
Solution

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a damaged gold ring in a farm field that held a mule training site in the late 1930s. I'd appreciate any help I can get identifying the markings on the ring. It has LHM stamped two times on the ring, as well as 14K. The ring shows signs of corrosion, so the ring obviously is not solid 14K. The gold that remains on the ring is pretty good, so I would guess it was a copper or brass base metal that was heavily plated with gold. If anyone has an idea what the LHM stamping indicates, I'd appreciate the help. Picture is attached.
welcome aboard and good luck on the ID

Upvote 1

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Horseshoe77 with i could help ypou on the ring but i would like to welcome you to Treasurenet

Upvote 1

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! Nice find. Good luck on the ID and thanks for posting.

Upvote 1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread